WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a programmer analysts with grit – individuals with a passion for building and owning the business systems that underpin a multibillion dollar public company. The advertising industry is evolving rapidly, every day creating new business problems that need creative solutions. We run our team very fast and very lean, which means every member has a high degree of ownership and potential impact – and we are looking for candidates with the chops to solve these problems.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As member of The Trade Desk's Business Engineering Team, you will report to the local Engineering lead, and work extensively with team members across all functional areas to own the integration of various business systems and delivery of solutions for internal clients. This will involve:
- Design, development, integrate, and maintain the internal business systems and platform functionality that interoperates with those systems.
- Develop a deep understanding of company's various operational systems and processes: Operations, Finance, HR, Marketing, etc.
- Optimize and consolidate reporting for business teams.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to improve efficiency and scaling our business systems and processes.
- Participate in building the enterprise data warehouse and ETL stack to support reporting and BI.
- Evaluate and onboard new business systems
- Serve as subject matter expert for internal business systems.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 8+ years of experience in full stack corporate systems development and management, using a modern object-oriented language. Memory-managed languages are best -- e.g. C#, Java, Python, Ruby, etc. We do a lot of development in C#/.NET, but specific experience here is not required.
- A track record of significant, specific, and self-directed contributions to complex and challenging business application development projects. What we're getting at here is "grit" or "street cred" – some proof that this isn't your first rodeo, and you have learned some lessons the hard way.
- A solid understanding of database fundamentals and SQL, including database design, ETL development, and SQL writing and performance tuning.
- 5+ years of experience in web application development using MVC and/or modern JS frameworks, such as React.
- An understanding of finance and accounting principles and their practical applications.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to document complex technical problems
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently with limited supervision
- Experience implementing, integrating and maintaining the following SaaS corporate systems or equivalents preferred:
- ERP: Intacct or NetSuite
- HRIS: Workday
- CRM: SFDC
- Experience developing with iPaaS solutions, such as Dell Boomi or Informatica preferred
- Enterprise report delivery skills using tools like SSRS, Tableau and PowerBI preferred