ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Participate in the development of functional requirements and design specifications as appropriate;
· Develop, create and document tech. specs and designs from which composite application can be developed that satisfy documented business/functional requirements and envisions potential future requirements and business needs to ensure solutions are flexible and extensible;
· Provide programming and tech. expertise to ensure business solutions (composite applications) function according to business' tech. requirements;
· Prepare and deliver tech. docs as required;
· Ensure that all code / tech. config and other work products are thoroughly unit-tested prior to delivery;
· Participate in system / integration testing as appropriate;
· Perform code reviews and other QA steps as requested;
· Adhere to Darden SDLC and tech. architecture requirements; Identify and communicate potential problems and issues to project team members / leaders;
· Identify alternatives and recommend / implement solutions as appropriate;
· Ensure accurate project status and work estimates (ETCs) are always reported / communicated to project leaders / managers in a timely fashion;
· Research new internet / intranet technologies and software products and trends.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
· 5 years of experience in position offered (Senior Programmer Analyst-SOA) or as Computer/Senior Systems Analyst, Technical Lead, IT Analyst, Senior Software Development Engineer, or closely related field.
· IT-related programming/analysis experience with the following development skills and technology:
o SQL (SQL Server and Oracle 9i or greater);
o Enterprise Design Patterns;
o Object-oriented design;
o Service Component Architecture (SCA);
o Business Process Execution Language (BPEL);
o Oracle Service Bus (OSB);
o Web Services (SOAP, RESTful);
o XML (XSD, XSLT, XPATH, XQuery);
o Version Control - Subversion.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Technology (or foreign degree equivalent).