Purpose of Job
International Operations and Shared Services (IOSS) is focused on delivering our international customers the service they deserve, while adapting quickly to a changing business environment and keeping our structural costs low.
The Senior Programmer/Developer will support these efforts through the design, identification, development and support of business process solutions, both locally and internationally.
This role includes the design and development of web-based tools, acting as an advisor on process automation, troubleshooting in-house applications, coordinating and executing testing and proposing continuous process improvements.
This position requires constant communication with the business line and building good working relations with our internal clients, resulting on a solid understanding of the business processes and needs.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Development of cost-effective, efficient and reliable automated processes. This includes:
b. Assisting in the implementation and testing of applications that are pertinent to IOSS support, in order to ensure their reliable implementation.
c. Developing the necessary operating procedures/instructions to accompany automated reports and tools that are created.
2. Provide reliable and timely routine support on the web-based applications to our International Sites and other departments within International Banking. This includes creating ad-hoc/one-off reports and automated tools based on unique requests from various parties within the Division.
3. Ensure that department management are kept fully informed on a timely basis of the status of all assigned activities and associated issues. This includes updating the record of applications/reports under development and individual work plans.
4. Assist with change management processes to users with the implementation/operation of the production applications.
5. Complete any other assigned projects/tasks in a timely manner.
Skills, Experience and Functional Competencies
2. Working knowledge of IIS and Server/Client architecture.
3. Experience working on Operations and understanding of the Banking Industry is considered an asset.
4. Experience using Agile and Project Management methodologies is considered an asset. Certifications on these areas are a significant plus.
5. Expert computer skills using standard software - Microsoft Office
6. Working knowledge of SharePoint is considered an asset.
Education and Other Requirements:
Strong analytical background with studies in Computer Sciences, Natural Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics or other related areas. MBA or other post-graduate certifications are considered an asset.
Requisition ID: 22415