The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
Responsible for project oversight as well as hands on development of in-house built applications. Work through the entire software development lifecycle from requirements gathering to application maintenance on the AUTEC project.
- Work through the entire software development lifecycle from requirements gathering to application maintenance.
- Implement secure coding practices and maintain software code in compliance with DoD IA mandates.
- Architect, design, and implement .NET web based solutions.
- Provide technical guidance and oversight to other members of the development team.
- Analyze and understand customer requirements and software design objectives. Develop functional specifications.
- Perform code reviews.
- Perform unit testing.
- Participate in various other types of testing.
- Willingness to mentor and share knowledge.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline or equivalent.
- 5 years related experience working in software development focusing mainly on the Microsoft.Net environment.
- Experience with ASP.Net and C# is preferred or VB.Net experience would be considered.
- Strong experience with SQL Server is preferred.
- Experience with SQL Reporting Services is considered a plus.
- Developer technical training, Windows 10 training, and IA certification are required, but may be obtained within 6 months of hire date.
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Proven leadership and project management skills
- Working knowledge of SQL (SQL Server and/or Oracle)
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong internal customer relationship skills
- Experience learning systems and business models in a fast paced environment
- Self-managed, takes initiative, and can manage customer expectations for support
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.
- A valid US Passport and Driver’s License is required.