hy you'll love this job
- This job is a member of the Information Technology Team within the Information Technology Division.
- Responsible for leveraging cutting edge technology to solve business problems at American Airlines by participating in all phases of the development process from inception through transition, advocating the agile process and test-driven development, using object-oriented development tools to analyze, model, design, construct and test reusable objects, and making the codebase better.
What you'll do
- Plans, develops, tests, and documents computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems
- Evaluates user request for new or modified program to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities
- Formulates plan outlining steps required to develop program using structured analysis and design
- Prepares flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps program must follow and to describe logical operations involved
- Designs screen displays to accomplish goals of user request
- Converts project specifications into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language for processing by computer, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages
- Reviews, replaces, deletes, or modifies codes to correct errors
- Analyzes, reviews, and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 4 years of application development experience
- 4 years of JAVA programming experience
- 4 years of SQL Database Development
- 4 years of experience defining user requirements
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- 5+ years of JAVA Programming experience
- 5+ years of SQL Database Development
- 5+ years of application support experience
- Airline Industry experience
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Demonstrated experience in the following:
- Java, XML, HTML, or similar
- Web Services, such as REST/SOAP, JSON/WSDL/XML
- Eclipse or similar IDE
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Oracle – PL/SQL, DB2 SQL
- Object Oriented Analysis, Design Patterns, and Frameworks
- Experience with DevOps Toolchain methodologies, including Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
- Experience with Agile project management methodology
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
- Possess a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
- Ability to analyze complex problems and implement solutions and/or workarounds
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more