Senior computer programming position working with clinical trials data. Provides programming support for some or all of the following activities: creation and maintenance of programs used for data entry, data management, data validation, statistical reportgeneration, and program validation.
Assists Data Management and Biostatistics with developing tools and techniques for improving process efficiencies. Communicates effectively within a multi-disciplinary project team to complete assigned tasks on time and within budget.
Acts as Biostats project lead across the most challenging and complex projects. Mentoring and in some cases supervising statistical programmers. Acts in a consultancy basis for entire department. Input into resource allocation. Issue escalation for lower level programmers. Reviews and makes recommendations for process development and improvement.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5+ years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in one or more programming languages.
- Ability to train, mentor and supervise others.
- Understanding of relational data base structure and experience working with complex data systems.
- Experience demonstrating a strong attention to detail.
- Experience demonstrating leadership ability and ability to work on a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Excellent problem solving and innovative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to independently and effectively organize and manage multiple assignments with challenging timelines.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated positive attitude, enthusiasm toward work, and the ability to work well with others.
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative and motivation.
- Capable of acting as project lead across the most challenging and complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and in some cases supervising statistical programmers.
- Able to identify solutions and options for lower level programmers.
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations for process development and improvement.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.