This newly created position is a direct report to a Manager of Application Development and will be a key member of the team responsible for analysis, design, development, and delivery of Client Server technology solutions.
The Senior Programming Analyst – Client Server Systems is responsible for the support and implementation of a set of client server applications. The Senior Programming Analyst – Client Server Systems will need to proactively maintain all existing applications to meet their SLA’s, and implement new applications based on Hibbett processes and standards. It is imperative for this person to have strong technical, communication, and collaboration skills. An understanding of retail system would be helpful as well.
We are seeking a seasoned developer who has hands-on experience with various client server technologies. The ideal candidate will have experience of a variety of programming languages common to client server platforms and will have worked on multiple full cycle implementations. The role will involve supporting applications as well as leading various technical work streams on system implementation projects.
- Works with functional analysts to address systems issues.
- Lead technical work streams on implementation projects.
- Apply consistent, standardized development processes that are regularly updated through lessons learned.
- Work collaboratively within IT and business partner network.
- Position may include other duties as determined by the Director of Application Development and Enterprise Architecture.
- Architect, design, prototype, and deliver solutions to support business strategies and deliver business value
- Provide leadership, direction, & best practices to development teams
- Owning all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications; Performing hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems.
- Meets programming standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements; implementing new technology.
- The role may lead a small team of developers in system implementation projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experienceInformation Technology, Business Management, or other applicable area of study
- 8+ years relevant technical work experience
- 5+ years of recent Java development experience (new Java 8 features highly desired) required.
- Experience building apps with Spring, Hibernate desired.
- Experience creating RESTful or SOAP web services desired.
- Experienceworking with onshore and offshore teams desired.
- Experience with Unix/Oracle and/or Windows/SqlServer applications required.
- Experience with application integration technologiesrequired. Informatica preferred.
- Experience with JDA, MicroStrategy, and/or eCommerce applications desired.