Monitor and maintain all the data platform and analytical processes which includes the Hadoop Data Lake ecosystem. This is a support administration role with the potential of some development responsibilities on minor enhancements and break/fixes. Ensure all system issues are resolved in a timely manner.
Leverage standard Issue, Problem and Change Management ITIL toolset in tracking and providing status on support work activities. Coordinate the necessary operations documentation and standards required for compliance and identified best practices.
Perform all software upgrades and patching partnering with the necessary Infrastructure teams. Provide work estimates as needed. Facilitate and lead meetings with end users. Keeps management, team members and business stakeholders informed of critical issues, status, changes, etc.
- Monitor and ensure stability of the customer / campaign management data platforms/environments/processes in order to meet the defined SLA.
- Partner with various business partners to gather requirements for minor enhancements.
- Work effectively with otherTechnology Operations/Infrastructure and the responsibletechnology/3rd party support teams to ensure continued operations and maintenance of customer / campaign management data platforms/environments/processes.
- Support Release Management and Change Control processes along with other UPT Compliance Initiatives.
- Partner with various business partners to debug, test, develop and implement fixes for the customer / campaign management data platforms/environments/processes.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience working as part of large Information Technology teams and/or consulting organizations partnering with clients/business groups to support complex Big Data platform and analytical environment.
- Proven technical expertise with Horton Works Hadoop. Certifications a plus for the Horton Works Administrator track for HDP 2.5 or later.
- 2+ years’ experience in operational support of HDFS and edge applications.
- Experience identifying and resolving issues using Hortonworks Ambari.
- Knowledge in supporting and troubleshootingsecurity issues on systems using Kerberos, Ranger, Centrify and Knox.
- Core knowledge of JDBC and ODBC communications.
- 2+ years’ experience in & In-depth knowledge of Linux, Python, Java, Spark 2.0, Nifi, Hbase and Hive experience.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality technical documentation.
- Strong knowledge of systems development and project management Agile methodologies/processes.
- Able to understand and interpret Entity-Relationship, logical and physical data models.
- Able to work with various platforms and databases (i.e. DB2, SQL Server). Able to write complex SQL and leverage backend databases.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and available to work off-hours and weekends.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex system issues.
- Must be able to utilize and effectively communicate functional and technical components of an initiative to applicable parties both verbally and through documentation.
- Attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking.
- Self-starter/motivator and have a proactive, agile and strategic mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field..
- Bachelor’s degree - Technical degree or highly relevant equivalent experience is required.
Job Number 35378BR.