Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
Under independent direction, the Senior Programmer Analyst develops moderate to highly complex applications and supports or enhances existing business applications to ensure project requirements and business needs are met.
While participating in large scale or multiple moderate scale development projects, the Sr. Programmer Analyst creates and maintains moderate to highly complex technical solutions based on their translation of functional requirements and unit tests solutions to ensure proper functionality for business use. Develops technical specifications and design documents from which programs and applications are written.
VISA SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION.
- BS/BA Degree and 3+ years of related programmingexperience, or Associatedegree and 4 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 6 years related work experience
- Proficient in SQL and Relational Database Concepts and Design
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated proficiency developing ETL using Informatica PowerCenter
- Adaptable and able to learn quickly
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical knowledge to multiple systems and support multiple business groups
- Demonstrated advanced ability to translate functional business requirements into complex technical solutions
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively work with people in the team, other IT departments and/or outside of the enterprise
- Ability to design moderate to highly complex technical solutions
- Demonstrated extensive experienceapplying technical standards and change control policies and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- College degree in technology related field with 4 years relevant experience (applications development experience) preferred
- Experience integrating new applications into an existing environment preferred
- Advanced degreepreferred
- Some experience estimating development effort and scope preferred
- Some experience mentoring less experienced technical staff preferred
- 3 or more years of SQL, DB2, or Oracle experiencepreferred
- Prior experience working in multiple technical environments preferred
- Experience developing with Informatica IDQ is preferred
- Experience in the retirement plan industry is preferred
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer