The Transportation Development & Support (TD&S) Team's objective is the timely delivery of reliable, robust, and accurate systems for our Transportation clients. TD&S delivers process improvement initiatives and technology solutions to increase Transportation capacity, improve service levels, reduce costs and drive better decisions.
The Senior Programmer Analyst performs a critical function in the achievement of these goals by providing technical and business leadership in the design and development of critical Transportation applications, systems and architectures.
What you'll do
- Perform application analysis, development and testing assignments.
- Support implementation and warranty processes.
- Provide required and necessary application and technical documentation.
- Work independently or in coordination with a project team to deliver maintenance and enhancement requests
- Track and escalate issues to the project coordinator, Team Lead or Manager as required.
- Actively participate in project meetings and technology delivery meetings as directed
- Exercise the ability to balance getting it done with getting it right.
- Provide guidance to Programmer Analysts to facilitate quality technical decision making and achievement, and prioritize work plans in support of established technologies
- Provide support as required for TD&S built solutions in a rotating on-call basis
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Creative and courageous, with the ability to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold, strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment
- Action oriented, and comfortable taking calculated risks to better serve our customers and business
- Outcome focused, critical thinkers with the ability to analyze and visualize, to ensure continuous improvement across our entire business
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
- Inclusive leaders who build and develop teams that effectively anticipate and respond to disruption, while consistently delivering strong performance
If you're curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently to help us evolve rapidly, then this is definitely the place to be.
What you bring
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Technology development processes
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in development of multi-tier business applications would be an asset
- Ability to make technical modifications and work closely with the business user to provide them with solutions that will meet their needs (user acceptance)
- Knowledge of Canadian Tire Corporation environment and inter-related business units a definite asset
- Knowledge and interest in industry best practices regarding software development standards
- Ability to mentor and support the creation of a strong technical knowledge base amongst the Programmer Analyst team
- Demonstrated enterprise software development experience -.NET 4.0 and MS SQL 2012 preferred
- Web development including ASPX page development and MVC, AJAX, and Web Services
- Source Control and Software Change Management and asset
- Demonstrated experience in reporting design, development, and delivery using Crystal Reports; SSRS/SSAS an asset
- Experience developing ETL system with SSIS
- Knowledge of SOA and XML development and best practices
- Experience with database administration and maintenance with MS SQL Server 2012