If you're looking for a career in a company that's evolving, has a great culture and amazing opportunities within the Healthcare Industry, AMN Healthcare is the clear choice. As America's largest and most respected health care staffing and management services company, we are the recognized leader in nursing, physician, and allied professionals. As part of the AMN team you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. Guided by our core values, we remain steadfast to our commitment to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company. AMN will help you reach your professional and personal goals everyday while making a meaningful contribution. Experience for yourself The AMN Difference!
The Senior Programmer is responsible for programming and maintaining the Medefis Vendor Management System to ensure the system meets and exceeds client expectations. This entails working with the Medefis team to understand system modifications and enhancements and deliver solutions to meet these requests. This role must be able to work effectively both individually and within a team environment.
- Be able to work effectively within a team environment, and should be a highly motivated self-starter who is always looking for ways to improve the product.
- Must be detailed-oriented and a motivated self-learner with a computer software background and excellent communication skills.
- Familiar with core technologies and methodologies used by the team
- Must possess good communication skills, both verbal and written, and effective organization and problem solving skills
- Adheres to policies, procedures, and standards in place within IT/Engineering as well as all corporate policies, procedures and standards.
- Proficient in all skills from Application Programmer II position
- Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve moderately difficult to difficult programming problems and system coordination issues.
- Able to provide technical direction and solutions to coordinate his/her own work, as well as 2-3 team members.
- Able to lead multi-discipline teams for work efforts which includes estimating, coordinating, tracking progress, inspiring others to complete tasks on time, assisting with resolving issues and provide status.
- Able to work proficiently with minimal bugs produced in code and little assistance from senior programmers.
- Work performed primarily in an office environment, consisting of light to moderate physical activity, including use of computer, telephone and/or other office equipment.
- Work on-site within the expected work hours and schedule including required meetings and on-time attendance.
- All team members must adhere to AMN Healthcare's mission statement, core values, and company policies and customer service standards.
- This position description is a communication tool, does not guarantee employment, and is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Respect ● Passion ● Continuous Improvement ● Trust ● Customer Focus ● Innovation
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry.
We value professionalism in everything we do – this includes the professional presence we project as we interact with internal and external customers.