You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
As a Program Quality Engineer, you will be supporting Programs within classified AS9100 electronics manufacturing environments leading your Program team to deliver the highest customer satisfaction. You will be a team member of the Optical Attack Solutions (OAS) product line that resides in the Countermeasures and Electromagnetic Attack (CEMA) Business Area.
Activities and Responsibilities could include:
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Support programs that are in all phases of their life cycle, from Prototype to Sustainment.
- Performance of data review activities to initiate and drive continuous improvement and zero defect initiatives.
- Lead Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) activities through to closure
- Review program contract requirements to develop and implement an effective quality plan
- Provide clear communication and flow down of program quality requirements to all affected disciplines (Engineering, Operations, Program Management)
- Conduct Production Process Verification (PPV) and First Article Inspections (FAI) per AS9102
- Lead activities to Control Non-Conforming Materials by coordinating containment and disposition activities
- Participate in Material Review Board and Failure Review Boards
- Support Manufacturing Production Build including Process Review Board, Corrective Action Board and Configuration Control Board
- Assist in Quality Assurance Visual Mechanical Inspection (QA VMI)
- Documentation / Configuration Analysis and Review
- Document Preparation and presentation for Customer Sell Off
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of experience or 8 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Applies extensive quality expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines
- Experience participating in and leading Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) activities
- Experience with AS9102- First Article Inspection
- Demonstrated leadership skills and team contributor
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering/technical area
- Master's degree
- Active Secret clearance
- Green or Black Belt Certification
- ASQ Certification
- Lean Six Sigma Analysis and Tools Experience
- Strong and Demonstrated Communication Skills (written, verbal, visual) and interpersonal skills (listening and communicating within a group/team environment)
- Attention to detail
- Produce high quality work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Proficient in MS Office Products including Word, Excel, Power Point
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.