Xbox Live is an exceptional place to work - for every gamer, and every non-gamer with a real passion for deeply understanding our valued current and future gaming fans. It is a place where we recognize that we are better when we work together, and even better still when we lift and grow one another. We are made stronger by our array of dynamic perspectives and ideas. And we have fun, a lot of fun. You should join us.
We are looking for a passionate, creative, analytical and experienced data analyst who can deliver insights and reporting to drive key business decisions. In this role, you will also be closely collaborating with software/data engineers, program managers, design, marketing, and data scientists. You will need to demonstrate the ability to function autonomously and succeed in an agile, rapidly changing release cycle.
We are looking for someone like you, who wants to collaborate with us to investigate and deeply understand current Xbox Live customers, and help identify how we can attract a wide array of new customers.
Are you interested in a new challenge, with an opportunity to drive innovative work on a fun team- Are you excited about working with data and research to truly understand gaming fans and then quickly move ideas into reality-
- In this role, you will manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques
- You will work to define, track and report key metrics to assess overall business health
- You will deliver in depth analysis on business performance (trends, funnels) and drivers, as well as forecasts and targets
- You will build/design dashboards to enable ongoing monitoring of business health
- You will work with data engineers to operationalize dashboards and ingest new data sources
- You will provide actionable insights on how to improve our product
- You will work closely with our Xlens data team, helping track and program manage the great work they are doing to ensure a great foundation for our business insights
- You will champion a positive team culture and take personal accountability for team performance and morale.
- 5+ years of hands-on data analytics experience
- Strong organization and program management skills
- A Bachelor's Degree in Statistics/Math/Computer Science/Economics/Business or Engineering, related discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, familiarity with Power BI
- Exceptional problem solving, technical and data analysis skills
- Advanced working knowledge of large data manipulation and data mining
- Strong programming/scripting knowledge (proficient in SQL, C# scripts)
- Exceptional written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- A positive attitude and desire to help others grow and succeed
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Phenomenal attention to detail and excellent project management skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.