The Senior Program Manager will be a key role within Tacoma Water responsible for creating and executing a workforce development program for Tacoma Water's 250 employees. This position will collaborate and coordinate with Human Resources on all people related programs to ensure consistency and compliance within the Water Division and across the City of Tacoma.
Do you find personal satisfaction from building something from the ground up that will bring real value to our organization well into the future? Are you the type who enjoys collaborating with people at all levels? Do you like the idea of being a part of a team focused on growth and development of the organization? If any of this resonates with you, this job and Tacoma Water might be the place for you!
The position will act as the subject matter expert and internal consultant for the organization in matters related to workforce development. Specifically, the position will build and supervise a new workgroup focused on the development, implementation and sustainment of strategic, high-level, organization-wide programs, systems and tools including:
- Employee performance management to include performance plans and training plans by classification or job function
- Development of training programs specific to sections or functions within Tacoma Water and water utility industry best practices
- Organizational development
- Employee and career development, to include management of the apprenticeship program
- Internal efforts specific to Water related career path development, mentorship and succession planning
- In partnership with HR, identify areas of the workforce in need of targeted proactive recruiting and/or retention efforts
Body of work includes: supervision of personnel, providing qualitative analysis, consultation, regular and ad-hoc reports of a complex nature based on research and complex studies, program/project management, and making recommendations for operational improvements through organizational goals and strategic objectives.
You will interact regularly with staff from all levels of our organization from executive leaders to front line staff and cross functionally with Human Resources and other departments within Tacoma Public Utilities.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree specific to Industrial & Organizational Psychology, Business Administration or other closely aligned field;
- 5+ years' work experience closely aligned to workforce development, training and management, to include program or project management;
- Advanced level degree (Masters or PhD, PsyD) (or equivalent years' experience) specific to Industrial & Organizational Psychology, Business Administration or other closely aligned field desired;
- Significant accomplishments in the field(s) of workforce development and management, business operations management, workforce training and development or human resources in a utility or government setting preferred;
- Previous leadership or supervisory experiencedesired.
Knowledge & Skills
- Skilled and knowledgeable in the discipline of workforce development and workforce management;
- Project and program management;
- Exceptional interpersonal, coaching and listening skills with the ability to communicate and partner with all levels of the organization;
- Public speaking and presentation skills;
- Ability to work, lead and direct a variety of efforts and projects simultaneously requiring strong organizational and time management skills.