As a Senior Program Manager you’ll partner with Fortune 500 clients to set a product vision while advising and managing scope, risk, and new product opportunities. You’ll have the unique opportunity to build and grow a team as the Virtual CEO of your project!
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Columbus, OH office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Drive product development, leading the creation of products that are critical to our clients’ businesses
- Lean on your deep client services experience to drive effective decision-making on complex issues of scope, design, architecture, and process
- Deliver timely, tailored communication for various audiences: engineering teams, product managers, marketing partners, and C-level executives
- Create, guide, and communicate the holistic (WillowTree, client, 3rd party) project plan and goals to create alignment and drive convergent implementation
- Encourage sustainable flow for your team while focusing on key client objectives
- Be flexible and adaptive to changing scenarios and environments by applying appropriate project management frameworks to suit the customer and product
- Regularly visit your client, usually 1-3 days per month, up to 20% of the time during kickoff or launch periods
- Engage directly with clients managing the account details, project scope, and relationship
- 7+ years of experience in the software development industry as a Project Manager, Product Manager, Product Owner, Team Lead, or Scrum Master in a client services business
- Experience leading Fortune 500 custom software development projects, from discovery through UX design, implementation, and deployment
- Demonstrated empathy, experience and confidence managing software projects with complex scope and with multiple executive stakeholders
- An experienced technical problem solver that can adeptly figure out how to address and communicate technical or process issues between systems (e.g. API issues vs client-side, bug management issues, etc)
- Expert communicator who regularly runs workshops and structured meetings to align client stakeholder groups on enterprise business goals
- You have a blend of business, user experience, and software project management acumen and mindset of motivating clients and 3rd party counterparts to be collaborative partners
- You've managed projects in which you mentor other product, development, design, and testing team members.