ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry’s most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The Special Projects PM will be responsible for establishing structure, driving results, and reporting status on non-traditional programs (ex. Mergers/Acquisitions/Divestitures, Real Estate Planning, Covid Planning, Synergy Submissions etc.). A successful Special Projects PM will apply methodology/experience to organize and deliver results.
This senior program manager will work in coordination with other PM’s, team leads, and team members to successfully manage and complete workstream deliverables across the entire program. They will help to drive results on a day-to-day basis.
- Liaise with Steering committees, Senior Executives, VPs, Directors, program sponsors and strategic partners
- Ensure program delivery is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of ViacomCBS' strategic objectives
- Communicate status reporting to leadership (program milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues).
- Establish governance frameworks and structure in any situation that lacks organization.
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Manage the day-to-day program activities and resources, and chair team meetings.
- Act as an advocate for Tech Transformation in applying methodology, processes and tools for adopting best practices for Program delivery
- At least 8 years of demonstrated experience managing a portfolio of complex initiatives that spans multiple lines of business.
- Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports business & IT strategic objectives.
- 8+ years of strong Program Delivery experience
- 5+ strong Excel skills (analytics, pivot tables, formulas, etc)
- 3+ years of experience in a Major Consulting firm is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience presenting to senior leadership (both business and tech).
- Proven success in establishing structure and governance around complex multifaceted initiatives.
- Possess strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across, and down multiple business and technology organizations.