Sr. Program Manager
Requisition ID: 143264BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location / Division
Alachua, FL / Viral Vector Service (VVS)
How will you make an impact?
The Senior Client Program Manager is an experienced leader in the biological sciences industry preferably with Cell and Gene Therapy background. Solid project and people management skills are a must along with a business and process-oriented mindset. He/she is a tenacious self-starter who can assimilate new information quickly and adapt to changing situations while maintaining a highly collaborative demeanor.
This position will be responsible for managing the deliverables within each project as well as manage the partnership with the clients involved. While the Sr. CPM is expected to be the expert and primary point of contact on the client programs being lead, there will be regular collaboration with subject matter experts, functional heads, and senior leadership within Viral Vector Services (VVS) to ensure tight alignment of priorities. This individual will also be comfortable leading programs for high profile partners while providing some guidance and mentorship for those CPMs on the team with less experience.
What will you do?
- Plan and drive execution of all stages of program within internal and external matrix organizations on budget and time. Specifically, this includes the introduction of new products into the facilities, process development, analytical method development and qualification, equipment purchase and qualification, and production suite start up.
- Ensure effective utilization of resources through strong people management by executing on good program management practice. This includes the use of project artifacts such as project plans, Risk logs, RACI documents, schedules, communication plans, etc.
- Identify potential project risks with the team and develop mitigation strategies, report progress, blocking issues, and risks to all stakeholders. Know when to escalate issues to senior leadership for resolution.
- Facilitate decision making within the team to drive progress to completion during execution to the required standard (internal and customer's) and ensure program delivers on time and within budget.
- Manage client relationships and expectations to ensure alignment among the project teams.
- Evaluate the cost/benefit of shifts in project parameters that would affect the timeline, budget, and/or scope in order to guide the project team through the decision-making process prior to a change order being initiated.
- Oversee project delivery to time and cost and produce periodic progress reports. Work with all functional areas within VVS to ensure that quality, safety, facilities, supply chain, finance, manufacturing, and others are informed and aligned.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree AND 8-10 years of related work experience; OR master's degree AND 5-6 years of related work experience
- 5 years of experience in management or leadership positions
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams and collaborate across the business
- Contract Development Manufacturing Service experience
- Cell and Gene Therapy experience
- Experience working in two or more functional areas (i.e. R&D, Operations, Quality, Engineering)
- Prior client facing experience in a Biologics Process Development, Fill Finish, and Manufacturing setting
- PMP Certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong client-facing interpersonal skills coupled with a concern for impact
- High initiative with an ability to maintain multiple priorities and initiatives effectively
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas persuasively and negotiate effectively
- Pragmatic, proactive yet flexible approach in the working environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both internal and external
- Ability to resolve conflict within project teams
- Strong attention to detail and concern for standards
- Ability to travel 10-15% if needed
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.