Location: New York, NY
Perform technical program management for cloud system components critical for entertainment/streaming delivery of mobile products (mobile phones, automotive, etc.). In particular, serve as Agile Scrum Master for SiriusXM analytics/big data team as well as SiriusXM content search, recommendations, and content sequencing team. Familiarity and experience with systems and technologies required for these disciplines is critical in order to fulfill the position, as well as classic program management skills for managing team performance, dependencies, and interacting with cross-functional teams to ensure project goals are fully met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct, manage, and deliver critical cloud-based systems to product requirements and user stories.
- Develop project and staffing plans and associated communications documents.
- Setup and manage an Agile development team and fill the role of Scrum Master to deliver cloud-based systems and functions.
- Grasp, understand, and drive technical agenda for analytics and discovery teams, in unison with overall technical strategic direction supplied by technical executive leads.
- Write technical user stories to fulfill technical agenda as required.
- Possess working knowledge of systems and components utilized by the teams (Examples: Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL DB(Cassandra/MongoDB), SOLR, AWS/Azure).
- Call, own, and conduct various team meetings (daily scrum, backlog grooming, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives).
- Directly manage Agile efforts (Sprints, Kanban efforts), monitoring status/burndown, providing regular up-to-date status, and ensuring team meets goals. Provide executive reviews, monitor productivity of all contributors, and create automated/semi-automated methods to do so.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members, cross-functional teams, and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Determine project trajectory (project burndown) based upon tasks and resources, and take measures to ensure that product/business stakeholder goals are met.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and take steps to ensure that these needs are addressed.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team and escalate as needed to senior management.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Develop and track progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Automate project reports and dependency tracking for projects.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- No direct supervisory reporting duties.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 12 years of experience, including 8 years of software project management experience.
- PMI certification is a plus.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Background in managing multiple, complex engineering projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrated technical competence in subject matter related to team to be managed (analytics, search and discovery).
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products and make recommendations to mitigate.
- Experience in communicating status, risks and issues to project team and senior management.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Experience with creating automated project management reports (and the automation thereof) to track progress as well as deep dependency tracking.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Occasional travel required.
- Occasional after-hour work required, to support critical tasks within a 24/7 environment.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience in program managing mid-large sized software integration/implementation projects.
- Ability to embrace, and define when needed, best practices as they relate to Agile and Waterfall project management.
- Experience as a Scrum Master in running a distributed, and at times cross functional, Agile scrum team of developers, testers and product owners.
- Experience in Scrum Master role in terms of proactively seeking out issues and solving, as well as breaking down issues and barriers that are impeding team progress.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Extensive capability and experience to work with Software Development Tools Suites such as JIRA, Rational Team Center (RTC), etc.
- Experience with Requirements and Test Management Software such as JAMA, HPQC, etc.