About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Program Management, this newly created Senior Program Manager, Systems Integration role will be responsible for planning and driving execution of system integration for various projects within clinical product development, R&D initiatives, lab operations projects, and business-critical initiatives. This role requires you to think holistically across Freenome’s ecosystem and connect all subsystems in an efficient and reliable manner, with inputs from the scientific teams (molecular research, computational research, laboratory), engineering, and leadership. You will work closely with the Technical Product Managers to ensure that the software and infrastructure are established to enable patient data analysis. You will work closely with the Quality and Regulatory team to ensure Design Control processes and metrics are followed and met to enable successful progression through the FDA.
You will define and execute a product plan in conjunction with a broader overall product development strategy, gather and prioritize user requirements, facilitate design/implementation discussions, and drive development execution. This role offers the opportunity to gain a deep understanding of the complex and pivotal role of all subsystems within product development in Freenome. Success entails a clear and shared development path that yields indispensable tools for building Freenome’s diagnostic products.
How you’ll contribute:
- Define and coordinate system integration requirements, planning, and schedule.
- Deep understanding of all touchpoints across system integration and how progress will affect downstream activities: Verification and Validation.
- Actively plan and drive cross-functional project teams to deliver against integrated, detailed plans within budget and timelines by highlighting tradeoffs and co-dependencies to meet overall goals and timelines.
- Enable proactive communication in collaboration with functional directors and managers to assure integration of project, company, and functional goals towards achieving project milestones and timetables.
- Develop, track, and analyze project’s key performance indicators (KPIs) including the effectiveness of technical strategies, regulatory pathways, clinical development progress, project execution, and product development risks (e.g., adherence to schedule, scope, resources), to provide management detailed status updates.
- Organize regular team meetings to drive progress, track and mitigate risks, resolve/escalate issues, and review action items.
- Generate the necessary documentation and assist teams with creating project plans, protocols, reports, etc.
What you’ll bring:
- Proven track record of completing system integration within medium to large scale environments.
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous and highly dynamic environment.
- The ability and confidence to plan and propose various scenarios and schedules to ensure success.
- Certification or formal training in Program Management and experience using resource management tools.
- Direct experience with technical or laboratory operations, medical affairs, or clinical study operations from a diagnostics perspective.
- At least 5 years of program management experience in the biotech space and educational background in molecular biology or genetics testing.
- Experience leading development efforts to meet regulated market standards (e.g., FDA or CE-mark).
- Partnership management experience from diligence, deal-making, to integration.
- Lead the planning, execution, and delivery of the project with the product development process.
- Cross-functional leader to guide complex product development and organizational growth.
- Influencer capable of balancing consensus perspectives and cohesive decisions.
- A data-driven and structured approach to facilitate decision making.
- Self-learner to navigate varying stakeholder needs along the development process (e.g., clinical studies to product launch).
- Expert in design control and product development process.
- Exceptionally organized and process-driven.
- Self-starter capable of formalizing organizational processes.