Spirent Communications is seeking an outstanding Program Manager for the Cloud & IP Business Unit. This is a hands-on role; the successful candidate must be able to perform the necessary day to day activities needed for keeping multiple HW & SW programs running and on track. His or her role is primarily operational as this person is responsible for planning, governance and managing the successful delivery of the program's output. The Program Manager will work daily with the assigned agile and/or waterfall development teams to make sure product development projects remain on schedule, as well as work with the Director of Engineering Operations to manage and report on Portfolio status. The role requires a strong background and practical experience in project management of large and complex initiatives. We are looking for a self-starter, an individual with exceptional skills in communication and conflict resolution, and who is capable of driving change even when faced with resistance.
- Daily program management throughout the program life cycle
- Defining and setting up the tools and standards necessary for managing the program
- Planning the overall program and monitoring progress
- Managing change in scope, priorities, and schedule for programs
- Maintaining product roadmap
- Managing risks and issues and taking corrective actions
- Coordinating projects and their interdependencies
- Managing and utilizing resources across projects
- Managing stakeholders' communication
BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar degree
- 8 or more years as program manager driving high-tech development projects
- Agile Scrum, Agile KanBan, SDLC methodologies, program management methodologies and techniques
- Ability to work positively with a wide range of individuals
- Strong leadership skills
- Creative problem solver
- This is a hands-on role; the successful candidate must be able to perform the necessary day to day activities needed for keeping multiple programs running and on track.
- Candidates must have experience running both hardware and software programs
- MS Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
- Experience in the test and metric business.