Siemens is recruiting for a Senior Program Manager to champion ITS solutions projects starting with opportunity generation via bid and proposal process to successful project execution. This vital role will support solutions and install base for ATMS and V2I projects and guide Siemens resources to execute strategy, business development and project implementation. The Senior Program Manager will report to the Head of Smart Cities Portfolio.
In this role, you will be a subject matter expert focusing on ATMS, V2I and Smart Cities solutions - including how ATMS interfaces with Connected Vehicle, Autonomous Vehicle, Traffic Management, and Adaptive Traffic Control activities. Here, you'll be generating opportunities by analyzing and managing customer requirements, developing system design documents, technical narrative, developing complete RFP responses, defining winning strategies, and outlining the benefits of Siemens ITS portfolio specific to customer needs.
Furthermore, you will lead project teams during project execution and guarantee meeting business goals and customer satisfaction by executing complex projects on time and in budget. This role requires thought leadership in the respective solution space, applying professional engineering practice in ITS industry, leadership and communication skills as well as a strong background in customer relationship management, proposal management and project management.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Traffic or Electrical Engineering. MBA or M.S. degree preferred
- 15 years of experience in ITS industry working for Engineering consultants or Government agencies
- Technical understanding of traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive, transit signal priority, and V2I solutions
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license in FL. PTOE a plus
- Experience in delivering ITS design and implementation projects. PMP certification preferred
- 25% travel within the U.S
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and customer intimacy skills
- Interfaces and communicates with customer on all project related topics, issues, and opportunities
- Ensures the implementation of sales and projects in Florida as part of the Smart Cities Mobility team
- Develops and proposes regional budgets and growth forecasts, aligned with the sales strategy
- Lead customer facing activities (customer interviews, Q/A sessions, project milestone meetings, design approvals, final acceptance procedures) from bid generation to final project acceptance
- Keep up to date with the industry and gather market and competitor intelligence in the area of ITS solutions
- Presents at regional conferences on Siemens ITS technology and solutions.
- Participates and leads in customer meetings and presentations, acting as an ITS solution lead
- Procurement, Legal and Field Operations) to develop and qualify bids and proposals
- Review RFP's for feasibility and profitability
- Understand customer needs and match them with Siemens' value proposition and USPs
- Present management with recommendations for improving volume, market share and price
- Manage individual bid teams and ensure bid and project schedules, milestones, and
- requirements traceability
- Generate offers, bids, proposals, contracts and other sales-related documents required by customers for products, solutions and services
- Full P&L responsibility to implement ITS projects and programs on time and in budget
- Coordinate with internal departments and external partners to successfully deliver projects based on customer requirements and PM@Siemens guidelines
- Lead project teams and direct subject matter experts, support functions, and third-party partners to execute customer projects and achieve project targets
- Interface and communicate with customers on all project related topics, risks and opportunities
- Apply both PMP and Professional Engineering principles