Are you a smart,technology driven, results oriented program manager? Do you like to build cool cutting-edge products? Hands-on, great communication skills, love working on challenging assignments with tightschedules? Worked on embedded systems software and consumer products software? Great at team work and managing complex, cross-functional software programs?Then you are just the person we are looking for!
As a Senior Program Manager, you will be driving the software development of the next generation of VeriFone’s payment devices. This role requires interacting with business and technology teams, operations, external vendors, executives and engineering team, and will require some international & domestic travel. Strong software product development and program leadership experience, work ethics and can-do attitude are the must-have requirements.
The prospective candidate must be a motivated and dynamic individual who is capable of multi-tasking and is able to manage multiple teams and tasks, in multiple geographies, within a given time period. The candidate must have a proven knowledge of software program management aspects and techniques including program creation and maintenance, requirements management, budget management, resource management, strategic planning, and risk / issue mitigation. Familiarity with PMBOK methodologies and standard software life cycle practices is required. Familiarity with payment systems, networking, embedded systems and software development, is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the planning and successful on-time execution of complex software programs involving multiple cross-functional organizations and global teams. Lead and manage program teams which are comprised of both internal and external groups.
- Lead the planning and implementation of programs from creation thru market introduction and roll-out. Oversee the launch and execution of software programs pertaining to embedded devices and system solutions.
- Drive cross-functional software development teams in the resolution of technical challenges, and deliver program on time, on budget, on cost and on quality.
- Duties include definition of program scope, goals and deliverables, definition of program tasks and resource requirements, development of full scale program schedules, management of program budget, identification and mitigation of program risks and management of tasks to bring the program to a successful completion.
- Responsible for establishing effective communication within the program teams as well as upwards status reporting to executive management.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Education BA/BS or higher degree in related field, with engineering or computer science is desired.
- 7 – 10 years in a technology project management role.
- Prior experience in software development and/or software engineering management
- Familiarity with data encryption and secure communications is required.
- Experience managing programs or development with complex software design requirements. Experience with portable and mobile products a plus.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude to be able to understand, question and organize technical topics and translate them into business terms.
- Knowledge of computer networking products and protocols a strong plus.
- Familiarity with Point of Sale systems and EMV concepts is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge in technology lifecycle processes (SDLC, agile, waterfall, etc.).
- Demonstrated business systems analysis and project / program management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to make progress and decisions amidst ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work at both the detailed and summary level.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.