The Sales Program Management team is responsible for the complex programs and projects that evolve and support MathWorks' selling and services models.
As a Sales and Services Program Manager (PM) at MathWorks, you will be responsible for
- Leading complex projects and programs leveraging both traditional as well as agile methods
- Managing cross functional business process improvement projects, driving future state realization and ensuring effective change management
- Driving process maturity and capability, including designing and stewarding KPIs
- Working with cross functional and peer groups to develop trusted relationships that deliver strong interlocks, collaboration and seamless operational experiences
- Continuously evaluating your programs and projects to assess what is working well as well as addressing areas of improvement.
- Driving continuous improvement in the team’s PM methodology, templates, and skills through shared learning experiences.
- Enabling management awareness of projects that intersect or impact Sales and Services objectives
- Coaching and mentoring
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience is required.
- 7+ years of experience managing complex, cross-functional business, sales or technical projects
- 3+ years’ experience in Finance or Sales Operations in technology companies
- Business Analystexperience or acumen
- Expertise in managing change related to cross-organizational projects
- Proven ability to drive consensus keeping business goals at the center of negotiations
- Outgoing, highly organized, persistent, and tenacious; able to deal with uncertainty and change
- Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics and KPIs for business goals, process improvement projects, and program management
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, is action oriented and can take initiative, is committed to driving quality results and is adept at problem solving.
- Advanced organizational, interpersonal, conflict resolution and communication skills which can be comfortably applied across management levels.
- Possesses keen knowledge of project management methodology and supporting tools which can be applied across multiple priorities or projects.
- Self-starter, inquisitive and able to quickly understand new processes, methodologies and systems.
- Ability to influence others in order to get things done, even when you have no direct line of authority over them.
- Prefer: Experience with Sales CRM Systems (salesforce.com)
- Prefer: Master’s degree in technical, business or finance
- Prefer: Lean Process Improvement experience