What You’ll Do
- Create, lead and inspire high performing program teams to do their best work ever
- Lead End to End, Edge to Edge program planning, execution and management
- Work with engineering, manufacturing and marketing to deliver amazing global product launches
- Constantly challenge the way and why we do things – strive to always improve the what and how
- Establish the rhythm of the program, setting clear expectations for what’s needed
- Be the honest broker ensuring full transparency and misalignments are identified and resolved
- Ensure knowledge is shared and easily accessible
- Deliver concise, consistent and timely communications
- Create and maintain program plans
- Understand resource availability and allocations, highlighting and resolving gaps
- Use your long-range radar to effectively manage risk and prevent surprises
- Be an expert meeting facilitator, able to confidently deliver updates to executives
- Get in the trenches to support the team in solving everyday problems – know when to escalate
Skills You’ll Need
- Leadership: You lead the team to align on program strategy, direction, and plans. You create and manage an optimal team structure maintaining clear roles and responsibilities. You are supremely collaborative, empathetic, and work well with a broad range of personalities. You are not afraid to hold people accountable, even those with whom you do not have a supervisory relationship. You are willing to own issues and drive them to resolution. You demonstrate the Sonos behaviors in everything you do: Respect, Collaboration, Transparency, and Ownership.
- Big picture thinking: You see the bigger picture but are comfortable diving into the details when needed. You work to help the team understand and acknowledge each team member’s role, and how it integrates into the program team’s structure and contributes to overall objectives. You focus on fostering shared understanding.
- Communication: You are a natural communicator at all levels in an organization, situationally adjusting your level of detail as needed. You provide clear and concise communications across oral and written mediums to a variety of leaders and teams. You can push and pull information to and from the right people, at the right time.
- Prioritization and problem-solving: You don’t need a lot of help to figure things out, but do know when to ask for help. You have the ability to translate complex issues and program interdependencies into simple and actionable plans. You are not afraid to make decisions, and are prepared to hold the team accountable to align to them when made. You actively listen, learn, and “get stuff done.” You work across multiple functions, putting the dots down as well as connecting them to ensure priorities are set and clearly understood. You effectively manage and resolve conflict with an uncanny eye for identifying misalignments – and fixing them – before they cause issues.
- Adaptability and tolerance: You are comfortable with ambiguity while ensuring there is just enough structure to make progress. You build relationships that enable you to reconcile differences and create acceptable compromises between teams. You have an outstanding understanding on how to manage risks across programs and the business.
- 7+ years’ experience in Program Management with expert knowledge of program management principles working in a multi-phase integrated product development process
- Product Development Experience
- University degree in an Engineering Subject