We are dedicated to transforming the way in which patients with cancer are diagnosed and treated. At Foundation Medicine you will work with everyone fighting the disease—patients and their families, payers, physicians, drug developers—to raise awareness about the ongoing evolution in cancer care and to ensure we are delivering the analytic tools and molecular information required to bring the promise of personalized cancer care into routine clinical practice. As a member of our Product Development team, you will be responsible for distilling the latest advances in genomic science, technology and clinical data into innovative, best-in-class clinical diagnostic tools and data products that will enable oncologists to determine the best treatment throughout each patient’s journey with cancer.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of new biopharma clinical product development. Responsibilities include development and execution of a project/program plan to deliver the defined solution business case, identification and resolution of staffing and resource requirements and issues, and developing and managing the project deliverables. These responsibilities span from product concept initiation to global commercialization.
- Program/Project Management:
- Leads project through the entire product development lifecycle.
- Develops and implements project plan, including cost, scope, schedule, risk, resource and performance for new product introduction or continuation.
- Builds team ownership and commitment to project plans.
- Provides structured thinking to project team on overall approach and delegates as appropriate.
- Directs and mentors others on key project management processes.
- Focuses on Voice of Customer, Voice of Business, personal accountability, and an unyielding commitment to results.
- Leads the team in appropriate decision-making through strong judgment and the ability to analyze options and implications.
- Communications and Reviews:
- Responsible for team and cross-functional communications (written and oral).
- Acts as liaison between the team and FMI governance (Portfolio Review Team, Infrastructure Management Team, Executive Team), as required.
- Leads project phase reviews; defines and tracks key project metrics.
- Elevates critical business decisions to the appropriate management teams and/or functional managers.
- Relationship/People Management:
- Provides input to functional leaders on team and team member performance.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with functional leaders to drive success of projects and teams.
- Influences cross-functional collaboration.
- Process Management:
- Product Development Process (PDP) system knowledge through delivery of high quality and high impact deliverables.
- Knowledge of quality system use for the creation and continued compliance of products.
- Actively reviews policy and practice improvements to drive functional excellence.
- Influences cross-functional systems effectiveness.
- Financial management - budget, forecast, and strategic plan input and preparation.
- Continuous improvement of the product development process to optimize time to market.
- Management Requirements:
- May lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, if applicable.
- Provide leadership through influence in a complex, matrixed environment.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Direct control over activities and budget of one or more functional areas, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g., federal/country and regulatory requirements).
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable in front of all levels of the organization, as well as external customers.
- Proficient project management skills and principles, including scope, schedule, resource and risk management.
- Strong leadership, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Proven experience with Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Experience using project management tools.
- Capable of working independently under ambiguous and/or changing conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently in a high-impact position, with deadline and resource constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate across disciplines and integrate all aspects of business as they impact development projects, including negotiation of scope, roles and responsibilities, specifications, timelines, and resources up, across, and down in the organization.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE:
- 7-10 years of experience in a program/project management role.
- Demonstrated expertise leading international and/or distributed large scale product development projects utilizing project management and product design & development frameworks.
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD, MBA) and/or advanced project management certification (PgMP, PMP) is desirable.
- Knowledge of and work experiene with FDA regulated products.
- Experience working with intercultural teams.
- Working knowledge of FDA, ISO, CLIA and CAP regulations.
Job ID 2017-STW 3