Order Management Group
We are a close-knit team of Engineers, Program Managers and Product Managers supporting Nordstrom’s Order Management capability. Our group, of nearly 50, has multiple engineering squads and a collaborative Program Management team that builds highly performant solutions for both digital and store customer orders. Order Management is the foundation of Nordstrom’s commerce ecosystem and will unlock delivery of new order and fulfillment experiences for our customers. Our solutions are delivered with partner teams across the enterprise in Inventory, Fulfillment, Store Technology, Nordstrom.com, Payments, Finance, Customer Care and more.
Horizontal Program Manager
The Horizontal Program Manager is a member of the Program Management team. They are responsible for broad program-level execution planning, definition, structure, and bandwidth around managing decisions, issues, and documentation. They are involved in cross workstream definition and integration; external team dependency orchestration; internal governance; internal and external communications.
- Ability to create and analyze program key leading indicators.
- Expert in pro-active risk management. Comfort understanding and managing complex external dependencies.
- Can easily switch from strategic thinking to tactical thinking.
- Demonstrated success in crafting messages to executive stakeholders and team members both business and technical.
- Understands program agility in a dynamic environment.
- Comfort serving as “air traffic controller” across business, product, internal teams, external teams with a detailed understanding of jobs to be done and program needs.
- Familiarity with lean program management strategies and tactics.
- Order Management Group Program Plan (including external dependencies)
- Program Governance Framework (including intake and prioritization)
- Standards for Program Execution within the Order Management Group
- External Communication and Status Tracking
- Decisions and Assumptions Documentation and Tracking
- Issue and Risk Definition, Tracking, Impact Analysis, and Escalation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Agile Delivery Methodologies
- 8+ years industry experience
- 8+ years demonstrated experience delivering technical products and programs