Our client is seeking a highly experienced and seasoned Program Management professional to join their team, located in the Midwest to manage all aspects of the program through its complete lifecycle. The chosen candidate will be working in the capacity of Senior Program Manager. You will lead their dynamic, high growth driveshaft program over its complete lifecycle. The successful candidate will have the ability to manage the program from end to end, building relationships hinged upon trust and accountability while leveraging our program management processes to deliver on customer commitments, operational performance and financial targets. The ideal candidate will relentlessly engage with all program stakeholders to unlock and deliver value, anticipate and mitigate risks and challenges, proactively bring solutions to fruition and champion integrity.
*Coordinate and manage all aspects of the Program through its complete lifecycle.
* Accountable to meet targets relative to operational performance (OTIF and quality); financial performance as well as support and contribute toward profitable growth objectives on this platform.
* Oversight includes program needs and risks assessment and mitigation as it pertains to all products within the program.
* Create strategic vision and tactical management and execution.
* Lead and coordinate multi-functional, multi-site teams to ensure all program deliverables and objectives are met
* Conducts rate readiness / assurance checks and reviews internally and with the Customer to assure program delivery sustainability
* Coordinate all aspects of NPI using the NPI process
* Manage projects within the program establishing milestone plans in collaboration with supporting functions' input and ensuring deliverables are met within prescribed timelines and costs/budgets
* Holds plant support functions accountable to deliver on operational performance.
* Reviews recovery or improvement plans and provides support toward goal achievement
* Plans, organizes and coordinates the preparation of Program related proposals
* Develops and/or sustains and monitors program KPIs and initiates corrective /preventative plans with regards to margin protection / expansion (cost reductions); on time delivery assurance; quality trends and improvement plans; costs of poor quality
*Maintains and acts upon Program dashboard for all facets, escalating for swift intervention as needed
*Maintains Program risk log book and initiates / recommends necessary actions to mitigate risk
*Provides weekly and monthly status report to Customer, plants, PMO and executive leadership
Best Industry - Aerospace/Aviation, Defense/Space, Manufacturing
Best Department - Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Operations, Engineering or Administration or a related discipline is required.
7 - 10 years of demonstrated experience and congruent level of expertise in quality, supply chain, engineering, operations or program management is required.
5 years of experience in an Aerospace/Defense, and/or automotive/transportation (OEM or Tier 1 suppler) is required.
Understanding of the Forging and/or Extrusion Process, basic metallurgy, and basic supply chain management in order to understand the areas of value for the customer is required.
Possess strong financial analysis skills, customer relationship management skills and a proven track record in understanding market dynamics and driving growth opportunities.
Strong ability to influence, persuade and coordinate activity within all levels of the organization and with external constituents
Knowledge of financial principles and practices, and the analysis and reporting of financial data is required.
Strong ability to influence, persuade and coordinate activity within all levels of the organization and with external constituents.
Strong communications skills (i.e., verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation) are required.
Strong experience with MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Project) and/or CRM software (i.e. SalesForce.com) is required.
Up to 15% Domestic/Regional Travel is required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.