Octo Consulting Group is seeking a Senior Program Manager to join our growing team. As a Senior Program Manager, you will be responsible for providing overall leadership and guidance for all personnel assigned the delivery of mission critical applications developed using agile engineering approaches. This includes working with government program leadership; removing impediments and obstacles the team is experiencing; creating and updating various statuses and productivity reporting; ensuring all standards and processes are followed, and generating all required reports and related artifacts. Responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the program and ensuring the overall scope, cost, business, and technical requirements are understood, implemented and monitored. The Program Manager will be engaged from project inception, and throughout, to ensure that the project is successfully delivered on time, on budget and at the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provide oversight and leadership in all aspects of program management and execution to include adherence to contractual requirements and deliverables; act as the primary point of contact for all contract matters, and performance of personnel assigned as well as subcontractors
- Leads/directs the development and execution of the strategy approach for the program (in compliance with the contract), its major time frames, and delivery of contractual deliverables and supporting work products.
- Monitors all program and related project/task executions, progress to plan, and production of major deliverables, intervening when necessary to review the current state and direct adjustments to plans and execution as needed.
- Identify performance gaps (operational, training, etc.); develop and implement repeatable, sustainable processes to increase operational efficiencies. Assure teams or departments operate in an integrative and collaborative fashion. Ensure staff is trained and able to assume selected roles various departments and teams (cross-training).
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; controlling costs.
- Business development support to identify and support the company’s BD opportunities as well as ownership of growing the programs you are responsible for.
- Develop client relationships based on value and personal interactions by exceeding client expectations throughout the project. Perform regular external and internal QA reviews. Obtain a top rating on all government Project Assessment Reports. Regularly solicit client feedback on team performance.
- Identify and assemble the appropriate resources to meet project needs and requirements; manage sub-contractors.
- Serve as primary Point of Contact (POC) for Contracting Officer (CO) / Contracting Officer's Representative (COR).
- Plan, track, and report labor requirements and hours, track and manage funding and expenses; as well as problem tracking, reporting, and resolution.
- Ensures the program fully cooperates with the organizational governance functions and provides oversight for the definition and exercise of regular interaction and reporting required by organizational governance policies and procedures.
Skills & Requirements
- Project Management Professional (PMP, PfMP, or PgMP) certification
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong IT background with a deep understanding of application management and legacy system transformation
- Minimum 10 years of management and supervisory experience
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Experience with Agile Software development methods required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience implementing agile principles, practices and coaching the customer on the recommended approach
- Experience in the management of application lifecycle support work similar in size, scope, and complexity
- Experience with the management, manpower utilization and supervision of employees (including subcontractors) of various labor categories and skills
- Experience in a quality assurance environment that includes knowledge of customer satisfaction tracking; user complaint and monitoring programs; and quality control programs
- Advanced degree (MBA, MS, MIS) or equivalent experience
- This position will split time between Fort Belvoir & Reston, VA.
- An active Secret level clearance is required with an active Top Secret/SCI preferred
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of the time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate