The New York Times’ T Brand Studio is looking for a Senior Program Manager based in our New York office.
As a senior member of our team, you partner with our Sales, Creative and Strategy teams to develop impactful project plans for complex briefs and guide their seamless execution. Experience and expertise enable you to quickly forge a path forward and bring our clients and internal teams along for the journey.
You’re equally capable of running complex, integrated programs with various stakeholders as you are with complex branded content programs.
- Proactive and incredibly organized
- A team player
- Solution obsessed with a can-do mentality
- Insatiable desire to learn
- Orchestrator of project teams against deliverables
- A skilled negotiator
- Manage and execute complex integrated programs from start to finish, serving as the primary point of contact between the internal and client/agency teams to ensure all deliverables & components are on track and within scope.
- Coordinate with stakeholders across multiple disciplines (and vendors) to create accurate budgets and timelines.
- With Business Affairs Manager, responsible for ensuring all terms and conditions are negotiated and signed before we begin work.
- Key liaison between client and internal teams for all production and execution related to a program.
- Communicate key learnings from past engagements out to the Producers, the broader T Brand team
- Possesses an understanding of the capabilities & production needs for print, digital, experiential and live event program components.
- Ability to quickly respond to shifting project needs or issues with a solution oriented mindset.
- Proven project management skills with ability to prioritize.
Project Leadership, Management & Communication
- The go-to resource on a program for all things execution & production related
- Intuitive and effective communicator with internal teams and with clients
- Ensure staff is working within our project management software and all staff is well trained on usage (if applicable)
- Constantly reviewing and evaluating our process for approaching integrated programs and recommending improvements moving forward
- Aligns production resources, both internally and with outside vendors – ensures we’re balancing our clients’ budgets with our quality standards (double bidding and quality evaluation with T Brand maker teams)
- Manages staffing plan for each program
Project Schedule, Estimate, Tracking
- Working in pre-sale, thoroughly define all aspects of a project’s requirements before the program is sold to build a detailed project schedule, estimate and deliverables.
- Develops and manages budgets for integrated programs and complex branded content work prior to being sold to ensure our proposed creative concepts can be produced within client specified timeframes and budgets
- Attend internal billing meetings with finance to facilitate revenue recognition and expense allocations
Dedication to Great Work
- Partner to the creative, strategy and sales teams from the earliest concept stage forward to ensure that the most innovative creative and production methods are employed, providing guidance on the most effective solutions for the project as well as to help shape the creative executions based on a project budget
- BS/BA degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 6-8 years relevant program management experience
- Experience working within a media organization that has a heavy emphasis on pre-sales work and close collaboration with a sales team.
- Demonstrated ability to lead clients through our process and tactfully resolve conflicts or issues, escalating as appropriate.
- Have effectively managed integrated program from pre through post sale within a publishing or media-led organization.
- Experience managing complex, multi-location and multi-discipline projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing integrated creative and interactive (particularly web/mobile/video/graphic design development) initiatives.