SNC is searching for highly motivated engineers and engineering leads to develop and integrate new capabilities in space and near-space platforms, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The preferred candidate will have a mix of space system development and payload integration experience, and/or a background in space or near-space I&T and mission operations. Open positions include mission managers, system engineers, payload integration engineers, and technology development leads. Excellent technical management, team leadership, and communication skills are critical. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders is a must.Job Description
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- This position is responsible to provide the centralized planning, direction, and control required to meet the cost, schedule, and performance goals throughout the life-cycle of space mission programs, including satellite development. This position must monitor, update, and report on Program(s)/B&P/IR&D performance/status in accordance with SNC’s Program Management and Planning/Tracking (PMAP/PMAT) and CPPM processes, through the complete program life cycle.
- This position may serve as Proposal Manager or key proposal team member for follow-on business or new business opportunities in related program areas. The Program Manager is responsible for completing the SNC proposal process to include supporting the successful winning strategy, developing all proposal materials for executive management approval, and ensuring compliance with technical, cost, and management requirements. The PM will participate in any resulting negotiations. Once a proposed effort is awarded, the PM will manage the effort throughout its life cycle.
- In this capacity, the Program Manager will be the primary representative with the customer on space mission program(s). The PM is responsible to maintain close contact with the customer organization to provide the highest possible level of customer satisfaction, including ensuring a continuous line of communication is kept open with the appropriate customer representatives to maintain a high level of program status awareness, provide timely recognition and resolution of problems, identify follow-on business opportunities, and prevent surprises.
- The Program Manager will participate in contract strategy, development, review and negotiations for their programs in concert with Contracts and the Director of Programs. He/she is responsible for follow-on business development of existing customers and for assisting the VP and the Director of Programs and/or VP of BD with new business opportunities within the Spacecraft Systems Business Unit and other program areas. Program Managers support the development and execution of the business area capture plans within their assigned area of responsibility, as requested. The PM may also manage related IRAD activities.
- The PM is responsible for identifying the staffing/resource needs for assigned and projected satellite programs to ensure adequate staffing for successful program completion. He/she may perform other management duties as assigned by the Director or VP of Programs. The PM is responsible for ensuring compliance with approved Corporate and ISO 9001:2000 Policies and Processes.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- SNC job descriptions are meant as summarization’s only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position. SNC is an EEO employer committed to recruiting a diverse workforce.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS/BA in related field required with MS degree is related field preferred.
- 15 years minimum in Aerospace and/or related technical field,
- 7+ years of in space program development.
- Active TS/SCI clearance and SAP required.
- Previous experience and engagement with NRO, MDA, and AFSPC in past 7 years preferred
- Minimum of 10-years Program Management experience successfully managing National Security Space programs is required.
- Work on space mission and satellite programs may require specific domain knowledge and customer familiarity.
- Must be familiar with Earned Value principles and application.
- Strong industry relationships and knowledge of industry expertise (for teaming purposes) is desired.
- Strong leadership skills and a demonstrated ability to build cohesive, effective teams is required.
- PMs shall possess extensive knowledge of the program management disciplines that are assigned to manage a specific SNC program or programs.
- PM required skills include but are not limited to team building, time management, conflict resolution, communication, briefing, presentation, strategic thinking, marketing, and literacy in the program management disciplines.
•This position requires an active Top Secret security clearance with current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
•To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.