Senior Program Manager’s leads the most complex, risky or strategy programs. A Senior Program Manager generally manages 1 very large program and / or 1-3 large projects concurrently. Senior Program Managers understand customer dynamics and needs at all levels (end-user to executive). Has the capability to take complex projects/solutions and break them down into actionable activities to successfully deliver them to the business on time and within budget. Has the specialized expertise and maturity in judgment to analyze key program indicators to take the necessary proactive actions to bring the program back on track. Senior Program Managers can set up, integrate and manage multiple projects within any given program. A Senior Program Manager has strong skills in conflict resolution, negotiation, influencing, facilitation and communication.
Program Scope Management
- Facilitate program charting aligning on in/out of scope with all business stakeholders and team members. Ensure all approvals are completed before entering plan and design phase.
- Can establish and integrate multiple project charters aligned within an overall program charter framework.
- Ensure requirements are clearly defined and documented.
- Utilize WBS to develop and manage task assignment.
- Define, baseline and maintain a program schedule in MS Project or designation PMO schedule management tool.
- Can integrate multiple project schedules into an overall program schedule.
- Enter key deliverables as defined by PMO standards into Clarity and ensure data is accurate on a weekly basis.
- Drive and track work completion against the program schedule.
Program Cost Management
- Facilitate holistic cost estimates capturing all IT labor (internal and external), vendor, hardware, software, and other program related costs. Place cost estimates using defined cost plans within Clarity.
- Partner with finance to ensure CER is created and approved as appropriate.
- Track cost actuals on a defined cadence and update Clarity as appropriate.
Program Risk Management
- Develop and publish a risk management plan and approach that aligns to the complexity/size of the program.
- Identify risks through PMO standard format. Assign each risk a rating based on probability and impact
- Determine cross project risks that impact the overall program objectives.
- Establish a risk response for each risk including action, owner, trigger date and closure date.
- Utilize risk register to fully document and actively track all risks.
Program Issue Management
- Drive issues with urgency to ensure resolution decisions are timely and with quality.
- Utilize the standard PMO decision making framework to ensure there are holistic options analyzed with a full aligned recommendation.
Program Change Management
- Develop and execute an effective change management process.
- Identify and capture change impacts and associated risks to project scope, schedule, cost and quality.
- Escalate change requests to appropriate stakeholders for approval.
- Update program documentation and clarity to incorporate approved change requests.
Program Quality Management
- Ensure there is a defined quality plan in place.
- Facilitate a formal go / no-go decision ensuring holistic and appropriate representation.
Process and Governance
- Facilitate an aligned program team delivery operating model. Flex the model and declare it to the PMO during initiate phase.
- Establish an appropriate program governance structure as appropriate for program size or complexity.
- Establish defined PRB tollgate review dates within Clarity. Obtain 100% completion of tollgate deliverables.
- Ensure all other governance bodies such as ARB, SRB and CCB are followed in a timely manner.
Champion Program Management Excellence
- Infuse program management as well as project management as a core competency across MGM Resorts International.
- Accelerate program management practice maturity by leveraging repeatable and standard processes (PMF) and tools.
- Teach, advocate, coach, mentor others on the use and benefit of program / project management competencies and skillsets.
- Optimize the PMF by providing periodic constructive feedback as well as completed best in class examples to the PMO.
Ensure Intended Results
- Ensure business results metrics are in place to ensure maximizing ROI and intended results.
- Ensure regulatory and/or compliance metrics are in place to ensure intended results are met.
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators are in place and are aligned to the business case.
Program Resource Management
- Have a defined team structure and resource plan as appropriate.
- Ensure team and stakeholder roles and responsibilities are clearly defined (RACI) as appropriate.
- Engage with appropriate resource managers to define and request resource skill sets (internal and external).
- Coordinate “on-boarding” of program team members.
- Manage vendor and third party partners.
- Provide feedback on team member performance.
- Ensure proper time tracking is recorded weekly within Clarity.
- Ensure business readiness has a defined owner, strategy, plan and appropriate deliverables.
- Ensure project builds and maintains momentum.
- Ensure product is stabilized and fully transitioned to support and the business.
- Establish an adoption metric that ties to the benefits case and benefits realization plan.
Program Communication Management
- Update the program headline and status weekly per PMO standards and is clear, concise, timely and accurate.
- Develop and execute a project communication plan including executive communication.
- Tailor written and verbal communication to the audience as appropriate.
- Verbal and written communication is clear, concise and effectively conveys intended message.
- Encourage feedback and provide feedback to others. Encourage participation/decision making with others.
- Demonstrate effective meeting facilitating through pre-planning, agenda and meeting minutes.
- Perform conflict resolution and negotiation to ensure the success of the program in a professional manner.
- Execute in a leadership role for the program success.
- Demonstrate passion to succeed, work to inspire others, and celebrate team success.
- Build momentum to become a trusted partner by seeking to understand the business’ environment – their vision, priority, and challenges.
- Create a sense of trust, open communication and respect among team members.
- Outline clear expectations of team performance and involve and engage team members in a manner that inspires them to achieve results.
- Act as a role model and share experiences, knowledge and skills with others.
- Be an active participant on the team and offer suggestions for achieving team goals.
- Take initiative to get things done.
- Openly share information and best practices with others.
- Follow-through and meet commitments.
- Treat others with respect and dignity. Act with honesty and integrity in business situations.
- Achieve results through collaboration and involving appropriate stakeholders.
- Recognize and celebrate the contributions and achievements of others.
- 100% adherence to MGM Resorts International, MGM IT or MGM PMO processes or standards.
- Be an active participant in team meetings and events.
Reflection and Process Improvement
- Facilitate defined “retrospectives” and establish action plans.
- Facilitate, document and communicate final lessons learned post program and project go-live.
Mature the Portfolio Delivery Practice
- Bring best in class examples, both internal and external to MGMRI, forward as a model for improvement.
- Utilize updated standards/best practices within your program and teams.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 6 years of leading, managing and delivering projects and/or programs on time and within budget.
- Project Leadership on multifaceted and increasingly complex projects.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.