The Sr Program Manager will provide program management, resource management, and portfolio management leadership for Medtronic’s Cerebral Spinal Fluid (CSF) Management business. This leadership will result in the introduction of new products in key markets around the world, education of project management methodology to our engineers & professional staff and ensure the success of our commercialized product portfolio.
Including but not limited to:
• Lead facilitation of governance and oversight over the execution of R&D programs.
• Lead establishment and facilitation of governance for our Released Product Management (RPM) process to ensure the success of our commercialized product portfolio.
• Champion project management methodology and best practices.
• Forecast resource demand, capacity, utilization, and allocation for the R&D organization.
• Responsible for the leadership of complex cross functional teams, including: initiating phase, assembling project teams, developing project plans, and controlling project execution to ensure timely completion of projects.
• Utilize effective project management techniques to independently execute on project deliverables. This includes managing scope, schedule, risk and budget.
• Participate in cross functional strategic and/or Annual Operating Planning (AOP) processes.
• Interfaces with all applicable external stakeholders for the project including end users and suppliers.
• Perform lessons learned on projects and make information available to other project teams.
• Conduct Project Phase Review in a professional and unbiased manner.
• Provide timely and accurate project status updates as required in the appropriate systems & templates.
• Often serves as a consultant to other project teams and a mentor to other Program Managers.
• Measure and assess the effectiveness and performance of project teams and provide input regarding the performance of individuals on the teams.
• Ensure projects are executed in accordance with applicable procedures and policies.
• Spend time with our customers and sales force to gain knowledge about product application and to better understand customer needs related to project/programs within their area of responsibility.
• All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System.
• Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Travel requirement: 10-20%
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience with 5+ years of managerial experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with 5+ years of managerial experience
Is A Bachelor's Degree Required? Yes
Nice to Have
BS or MS degree (Mechanical, Materials, Biomedical Engineering, or related technical field)
• 7+ years of formal project management experience with a Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years of formal project management experience with an Advanced degree
• 5+ years of experience in a regulated industry (medical devices, pharmaceuticals)