Leidos is currently looking for a Senior Program Manager for a contract in the Newport News or VA or Alexandria/Metro Park area. The candidate will support the Army Training Information System (ATIS) provides the US Army an enterprise capability to enable a training environment with a single system for scheduling, development, learning content management, training management, and training resource management, for all individual and collective training and education.
The program manager position requires 10+ years’ experience leading and managing technical and functional personnel in IT system development and agile software development/configuration using Oracle/PeopleSoft applications.
The Program Manager responsibilities include:
· Directs the work of 25-50 employees assigned to the program from technical and administrative areas, implementing industry best practices to implement a COTS Oracle/PeopleSoft solution to meet contract requirements.
· Is responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of the Leidos team performing the contract.
· Establishes milestones and ensures adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies and manages risks and program problems and develops mitigations/solutions.
· Presents formal and informal project status/plan briefings to the government and corporate managers through oral and written communications.
• B.A. or B.S. degree
• Project Management Professional (PMP), or DAU Level III certification
• Must be willing to work in Newport News, VA – full time with periodic CONUS travel
• 10+ years’ experience leading technical and functional personnel IT system development, including agile software development
• Experience in managing ERP application development/configuration
• Army officer/civilian (including ARNG or USAR) with experience working at/for TRADOC or other major Army programs at the manager level.