What You'll Do
The Cisco Internet of Things Business Group's Business Operations team has an immediate need for a dedicated and strategically oriented Program Manager. As a Senior Program Manager, you will lead IoT cross functional programs, launches, and announcements which requires dedicated efforts, both individually and virtually, consisting of senior leaders and executives. You will have the opportunity to work with executives from the business unit as well aspartnerss of the enterprise while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Work with key partners to secure commitments for the necessary resources to complete the program and conduct the required reviews.
- Develop and lead cross-functional program schedules; identify risks, manage scope and resource changes, and monitor progress against plan.
- Identify, intensify and drive resolution of issues that affect program schedule and feature dedications.
- Communicate program status to management and executives on a regular basis in both formal and informal environments.
- Ensure effective communication within the project team and other multi-functional groups.
- Keep all associated team members, leaders, inter-related organizations and leadership informed and apprised of progress, challenges, risks, schedule impacts etc.
- Run multiple concurrent programs
- Contribute to IoTBU's program management processes, templates, measurement mechanisms and procedures with the intent of improving and optimization.
Who You'll Work With
In this role, you will report directly into the VP of Business Operations and will work to identify, scope, plan, execute and ensure success on critical and strategic initiatives identified by IoT executive leadership team. This well-rounded teammate will lead and participate in the myriad of activities, projects, programs and initiatives that are required to execute a successful business plan and cadence for the organization. You will have a unique blend of business and cross functional teaming knowledge with exceptional communication and problem-solving skills.
Who You Are:
- Takes initiative, detail oriented and highly organized
- Able to interact with all levels of internal and with external teams
- You work well with groups, creative thinker and strategic influencer that can resolve problems without delay
- Know when to bring up issues that warrant executive attention
- Can operate under stressful, time-sensitive deadlines
- Have excellent communication, presentation and writing skills (both written and spoken).
- Have successfully led complex projects / program with a set of deliverables with many interdependencies.
- Enjoys working autonomously under minimal supervision
- BA/BS (business, or engineering preferred), MS/MBA or equivalent desired
- At least 10+ years in program management
- Excellent leadership, management, influencing, negotiation, conflict resolution, and team building skills
- Proven ability to understand, resolve and communicate business issues
- Able to quickly drive, communicate and gain support for decisions in unstructured environments
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a high level of integrity and reliability
- Record of successfully leading and delivering product development programs from conception thru development, test, deployment, and support.
- Experience with collaboration tools and spaces