About The Opportunity
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerostructures North America is a leader in the manufacturing of advanced composites, complex metal structures, and aero-structure assembly for aircraft including: military fighters and transport, commercial, and general aviation. We employ more than 2,800 people at 12locations.
Provide management oversight and control of assigned program management areas of GKN Aerospace, insuring that cost, quality andschedule commitments are planned for and/or met. Accountable for the Program P&L. Provide day-to-day coordination to the various multi-discipline teams which have the responsibility to manage cost, quality,schedule & performance objectives of each specific activity from pre-proposal, throughcontract award and program management of developmentcontracts. Utilize management skills to monitor performance of projects while providing technical and analytical guidance to project teams through the entire life cycle of the project..
- Insure systems required to track and manage cost and schedule requirements are operational and available for staff. Insure that assigned programs and/or pre-proposal and proposal activities are managed to requirements and according to company procedure.
- Own customer relationship for assigned program. Provide for periodic management review with assigned programs and ensure professional customer interface is developed and maintained. Effective communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation).
- Ensure contractual conditions and changes are properly reviewed, negotiated and incorporated by all functional disciplines.
- Provide for identification and winning of follow-on work through personal involvement and leadership, to ensure all programs activities conform to company quality and safety requirements.
- Assume responsibility for decisions concerning planning, direction of tasks and the coordination of budgetary activities with authority to require action (not define the action) within any functional area when necessary,
- Must be able to influence and coach individuals that do not directly report to role. Effective working in a highly matrixed IPT /value stream environment.
- Exemplifies athe corporate culture, which supports the Company's overall business objectives and goals, Safety First, Quality Always, then Delivery.
- Provides leadership and direction with emphasis on team building through strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Provide program management direction of specific program activities across many functional disciplines in order to meet the company's business cost, quality and schedule requirements.
- Leading and directing one or more project teams in the professional services arena. Preparing project execution plans and monitoring project completion from initiation through delivery to meet mission objectives.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline required.
- 7+ years applicable manufacturing operations, finance, contracts, and/or program management work experience is required.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- An advanced degree in business and/or engineering is highly desirable.
- PMP certification preferred but not required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt+ Certification
- Demonstrated people management success including hiring and performance management as well as maintaining high levels of engagement among the technical staff.