We currently have an opening for a Senior Program Manager to lead a program consisting of over 60 professionals to support complex IT systems for our customer!
Essential Job Functions:
- Must have a background in successfully collaborating with Federal agencies and with a variety of customers and customer stakeholders.
- Must provide leadership by building and motivating teams dedicated to meeting program / project objectives.
- Must be able to continue a culture that is collaborative and innovative to provide our customers with optimal solutions that meet their strategic goals.
- Responsible for development and management of all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issue resolution to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Expected to collaborate closely with functional areas to include HR, contracts, subcontracts, and business development and be responsible for meeting all business area goals and objectives.
- Expected to provide oversight for all day-to-day operations to ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards. In doing so, the candidate must be well organized and collaborate with Project and Technical Leads to guarantee success.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Program cost control and financial management
- Direct Project Management as required
- Staffing and resource management
- Subcontractor management and oversight
- Accountability to the customer for overall program performance
- Effective executive level communication
- Status reporting regarding milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues
- Identify program problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
- Direct and supervise work of employees assigned to the program from technical and administrative areas
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent + 5 years relevant experience (12 + years relevant experience or MS with 10+ years relevant experience strongly desired)
- Knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware, software and / or computer security
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for schedule and performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience presenting to stakeholders, as well as proficiency with MS Office Productivity Tools
Other key areas of skill, expertise and experience include:
- Federal Contracts
- Team recruitment, building and development
- Engineering and Management Processes (e.g. CMMI)
- Scope / Change Management
- Risk Management
- Quality Management
- Process Improvement
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- IAT Level II Certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP) preferred
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance