Sr. Program Manager
Expedia Group's platform and marketplace team services millions of travelers across the globe every year. We enable thousands of travel businesses around the world with a powerful set of eCommerce capabilities that are especially tailored to Travel eCommerce through our APIs and SDKs. We are looking for a seasoned technical product manager to further build our SDKs and build new SDKs to power online travel businesses around the globe. This product leader will define and deliver the roadmap of the existing APIs and SDKs, as well as conceptualize and launch new SDKs based on the customer needs. Our ideal candidate will have successfully led multiple, major, worldwide, technology enabled products or services tailored to power B2B eCommerce. You should have hands-on experience in introducing developer tool kits and in working in complex cross functional solutions. You should be customer obsessed, data focused, and comfortable advocating for your plans and explaining business results to our company's most senior executives. Perhaps most importantly, you should have a passion for technology and delighting customers around the globe with new and innovative products and services. You should be comfortable with coordinating product and engineering teams in a fast-paced environment. A successful candidate will have strong passion for developers and experience in designing platform strategies. You have a background in software development and product management, specific to software platforms and ecosystems. You must be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively across multiple organizations, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that developers and customers love. This role will be key to our efforts to help the travel industry bounce back from COVID-19 impact. What you'll do:
Who you are:
- Write product requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business, marketing, design and development teams.
- Own the overall product roadmap, and manage prioritization and tradeoffs against developer experience, customer experience, and time to market.
- Create alignment on the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Establish business processes and policies as well as metrics and indicators for success.
- Measure and analyze existing products and business models for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to developers and customers.
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members.
- Develop, report, and continually improve business performance metrics.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology.
- Experience creating Software Development Kits (SDKs), from conceptualizing to launch.
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs, managing roadmaps across multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with end to end product delivery, especially overseeing roadmap strategy and definition, contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product, coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules.
- Experience working in B2B software setting, a plus if it is in a global setting.
- Experience with SDKs, two sided platforms and development tools
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with attention to detail and organizational skills
#LI-CW1 About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.