Opportunity at a Glance
This position reports directly to the Director of Global Events and is responsible for overseeing, coordinating and developing seminars, webinars and conferences globally. This position requires a dynamic, creative and strategic events leader to plan and execute successful events that support Company goals. The position is responsible for motivating a high-energy global team while keeping projects on time and on budget. Meticulous attention to detail, superior writing skills, and the ability to confidently communicate with senior executives both within and outside the organization is a must.
- Oversees program producers in their daily duties, including topic research, program writing, and on-site management of a portfolio of global events.
- Oversee the implementation and global adoption of the events content management system and integration into SalesForce.
- Develop standard operating procedures for conference content development to include communications and contracts with faculty and speakers.
- Oversees and coordinates product briefings given to internal sales, marketing, and customer service teams
- Coordinates themes and formats at all ACAMS conference events to ensure consistency
- Sets timelines and expectations for event producers and coaches team members in achieving their performance goals
- Provides clear, consistent product direction to cross-functional internal project teams
- Conducts ongoing research to further AML community knowledge, identifies client needs and interests and makes recommendations in order to develop new events that are ahead of our competitors
- Provides guidance on Task Force and speaker selection for events
- Guides the creative direction and approves marketing material created for each event.
- Acts as on-site team lead during events as assigned
- Oversees content curation and execution for all virtual conferences and digital learning events.
- Establishes and maintains strategic relationships with community thought-leaders, associations, vendors and media
- Develops initiatives for improving attendees’ on-site experience and streamlining internal production processes.
- Monitors production expenses budgets
- Represents Company at key educational and networking gatherings.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- 7+ years in a leadership role in the events industry.
- Experience producing large scale B2B events preferred
- Global experience in developing programs with over 200 speakers and 50-3000 attendees.
- Demonstrated leadership experience managing local and remote global teams and working with C-Suite Executives.
- Demonstrated superior management, organizational and communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally(>20% travel)