Join our talented team. Employees at Vista Outdoor are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers. Our culture centers on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
The Senior Digital Marketing & Ecommerce Program Manager with Vista Outdoor is an individual who is excited about driving teams, solving problems and delivering valuable projects in a startup like environment inside an existing successful business.
As the key leader in project delivery for ecommerce and digital marketing they will lead teams to define and deliver large projects to successful outcomes. As a Senior Program Manager, they will encompass all facets of project management, stakeholder management and team leadership. They will also collaborate with business leaders and participate in strategic planning activities such as program and product road mapping and financial planning to help grow the program and project management practice. Unique details below.
• Be a Chief Problem Solver by assuming overall responsibility for planning, directing, coordinating activities and delivering Large Digital programs such as e-Commerce implementations that include cross-workstream activities and teams from multiple internal and external groups
• Manages all critical project aspects (scope, timeline, budget, resources, etc.) and ensures that project goals are accomplished and in line with program and business objectives and escalates issues, risks to Program leadership in a timely manner
• Responsible for delivery oversight of all major project tracks (eCommerce, Marketing Automation, Order Management, Infrastructure, Middleware, Integrations, Hosting, QA and testing, Analytics, UX etc.) activities, ensuring the currency, quality, dependencies and integrity of information about those activities and the quality and timeliness of their delivery.
• Develops project plans, including goals, strategy/approach, schedule, risks, contingency plans, resource allocation
• Manages the change management process including changes to scope/requirements/design
• Leads and collaborates with others to collect project status, develop status reports and communicate status, risks, issues, etc. to customers, management and other stakeholders
• Experienced in working in an AGILE-SCRUM based methodology and collaborating with teams in a globally distributed engagement model
• Acts as the Program Management Lead for all project managers on the Program – Internal and External and leads daily track and team meetings
• Builds presentations ranging from daily standup decks to steering and operating committee material
• Builds and maintains complex project plans for multiple groups, staffing plans and ongoing budget management
• Responsible for team time management and meeting cadence
• Act as the trusted advisor to the digital leadership team raising issues and concerns consistently
• Leads meetings with senior leaders across the organization
• Must be willing to wear multiple hats in a startup type environment within a large company
• Must be versed and able to successfully “manage up” to division leaders
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum of three years of experience in Senior Program Management and 5+ years in Project Management
• Experience managing interactive/Web projects, custom or packaged software ecommerce implementations or large technology implementations.
• Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud and Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Google Analytics platforms
• Retail eCommerce Platform/re-Platform experience across disciplines of technology, program management, user experience, change management and QA will be preferred
• Experience in technology consulting or digital agency consulting is a plus; PMP, SCRUM certification a plus
• Expertise in relationship management and setting and managing customer expectations
• Experience in Business Transformation/Change Management – Planning and Execution
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to present and explain complex information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding
• Solid understanding of multiple software development and digital delivery processes
• Led diverse teams in dynamic and fast-paced and globally diverse environments
• Experienced multiple full project lifecycles from business development to final delivery
• Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously (preferably in an integrated program)
• Led teams with multiple discipline representation (especially technology, creative, and strategy)
• Direct managerial responsibility for team of 5 or more, working effectively with project teams and clients
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
• Ability to blend creative, problem-solving, and technical skills for refining existing theories or developing new system approaches to seize opportunities and sustain business success
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels