The Senior Program Manager is a key leadership and high-profile role with an excellent career development opportunity. A strong compensation package and relocation assistance is available for this position.
The Senior Program Manager (PM) is needed for large multi-year Water Programs. Programs typically involve planning, design, construction, commissioning and closeout of multiple projects totaling $1B in total capital cost.
This new hire will be working closely with the client, will serve in a key role directing day-to-day program management and will be instrumental to the successful development, implementation and delivery of the program. The PM will organize and direct all activities between the technical and administrative aspects of the program including scheduling, budgeting, cost control, cash flow, QA/QC, risk analysis, document control and management information systems. The PM will be required to balance and appropriately address the needs/concerns of all of the stakeholders impacted by this program, including but not limited to the client, public, local businesses, politicians, other agencies and the regulatory community.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the most complex and sensitive projects, often in multiple geographic locations. Many projects assigned are distinguished by their magnitude or program complexity, requiring that more than one person be involved.
- Proactively identifies potential program problems or opportunities, analyzes the issues using all appropriate resources, develops alternatives and arrives at the most optimum approach to mitigate problems or exploit opportunities.
- Authority to act independently or as a team leader representing IE with consulting firms and is responsible for ensuring that the final product of the project or program team reflects the original scope and budget requirements.
- Lead efforts, beginning at the planning phase, to develop a comprehensive program execution plan, implement community/public involvement and coordinate/communicate relevant program status/issues with regulatory agencies
- Lead development and drive implementation of the necessary business processes, plans and procedures required to manage design and construction in a programmatic, process-driven manner
- Direct design and construction management and oversight activities as well as supporting specialty contracts, vendor programs and stimulus projects
- Work with the client in the selection of design, construction management and other consultants and will provide management oversight related to performance, schedule and cost for both design and construction management based on Key Performance Indicators
- The programs usually involve the implementation of water and wastewater-related capital improvements and entail diverse technical aspects including but not limited to large treatment facilities, pump stations, storage and supporting infrastructure
- BA/BS + 12 YORE or AA/AS (US) + 14 YORE or Diploma/Certificate (Canada) + 14 YORE or HS/GED + 16 YORE
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- $0.50 B+ capital improvement water program experience
- MBA and/or PMP certification are preferred
- Relocation is available for this position.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Travel is required for this position.