UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
This position is aimed at accelerating the Customer centricity effort and the digitization effort for FSP Americas. The position will provide strong leadership across all functions for the deployment of FSP Americas (BU) Net Promoter System / Customer Experience (CX) program.
The initial focus is to define and execute successful Pilots with the support of the CCS Customer Experience (CX) team in order to generate awareness, appetite, solid learnings & results which will translate into BU CX roadmaps in year 2.
The secondary focus includes the federation of VOC fragmented activities into a formal Customer Experience (CX) discipline to be built at Sub-BU and BU level, including CX roles, common governance, a common reduced set of customer-centric metrics, a single CX platform and an enhanced ACE/MFA methodology around closing the loops.
This visible and transversal position requires strong leadership and experience in the fields of Customer Experience, Change management, Marketing analytics / surveys, Master Data Management, Information systems, Operations and Process improvement.
Based upon the global NPS/CX program framework, ensure BU program leadership and drive the following:
- Partner with the Experience Ambassador to drive the NPS/Customer Experience program for the BU, with initial focus on selected Pilot(s); program communication and stakeholder early engagement
- Contribute to design the NPS/CX program framework, then lead the implementation and evaluation of this standardized CX program / framework across the BU. Allow thereby a strong re-alignment between people (employees and customers), processes (ACE VOC, Closed loops) and technology (integrated customer analytics, mobile survey and closed loop technology)
- Assist and challenge where needed the Sub-BU’s in assessing their CX maturity, in mapping and formalizing their key Customer journeys, in creating listening points via real-time surveys, in assessing and prioritizing true delivery gaps and in strengthening the closed loops
- Validate and implement the outside-in, customer-centric design of the key customer touch points, with focus on the business priorities / main pain-points. Initiate as required focus groups with Customers in order to validate the priority journeys and listening points
- Act as CX platform champion and ensure successful deployment of a standardized set of customer-centric CX metrics focused around the prioritized journeys, around the NPS (Net Promoter System) methodology and around higher frequency relational and transactional customer feedback; Drive mobile CX platform usage
- Prioritize, implement and track the needed process improvements (close the loops) derived from the Customer feedback collected and analyzed via the CX platform; Work with the Experience Ambassador and global program team to design and ramp-up a governance process that will enable the Business Unit to drive the closed loop improvements
- Work closely with the Experience Ambassador, BU Sales GM’s, HR, Change management, Marketing & Communication, Operations and ACE team in order to drive breadth and depth into the program and make it stick
- With the support of the Master data owners, document and assess the available and missing data across the key journeys; document the data architecture at a Sub-BU level incl. the main mapping tables at key attribute level
- Train and animate a network of certified “Customer champions” in order to consolidate the fragmented VOC activities into a CX discipline and associated competencies; Work with the business to embed CX KPIs into the working rhythm of the business
- Execute the internal and external communication around the BU CX program in accordance with the umbrella CCS branding guidelines (the BU’s CX Programs will align to a larger aspirational Customer-Centricity branded effort of CCS)
- Drive the program communications plan; Manage the program budget and ensure the senior Management team is briefed on all program milestones and are engaged on key decisions
- With support of the Experience Ambassador, data owners, lead the improvement of the Customer data quality in the main source systems (ERP, CRM) in order to drive meaningful Customer survey results and metrics
- With support of the IT digital team, accelerate the system integration roadmap required to converge to a single CX platform and associated interfaces e.g. CRM, ERP, Web portal, QMS..
- Represent the BU in the FSP global NPS/CX governance team and thereby also contribute to the enhancement of the ACE/MFA operating system
- Foster an environment of innovation and continuous improvement around the subject of CX within the BU
- Min. 7-10 years of international experience in customer facing environments, with demonstrated experience in successful change management and relationship management
- 5+ years of experience in Customer Experience roles (design, analytics, action planning, governance…) or in closely related roles
- Solid experience with Customer feedback / CX platforms, data management, integration, reporting/ scorecards/ KPIs, etc. around both implementation and usage
- Knowledge and understanding of complex B-B environment and routes to market
- Solid agile project management skills and ability to guide improvement initiatives and process redesign activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written, verbal, presentations) skills, and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to different partner groups internally and externally, up to C-level
- 70% Travel
- Inclusive and energetic leader
- Analytics savviness in order to translate data into metrics and further into meaningful behavioral changes
- Technical savviness in order to drive systems connectivity and underlying architecture requirements
- Strong English language skillset
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Agile project management certification; NPS certification (Net Promoter System) desired
- Lean Six sigma Master Black Belt certification, ACE Master a strong plus desired
- Change management certification desired
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 73963BR