Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project leadership for software development and integration projects.
- Ability to work with business stakeholders to define strategy and requirements in order to define and execute IT programs.
- Ability to develop schedules, budgets, risk management plans, quality goals, and lead the team to success.
- Actively participate in design and usability reviews to ensure alignment with stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain detailed program metrics around initiative goals.
- Excellent change management and issue resolution skills with the ability to deliver results.
- Ability to drive continuous improvements in all aspects of the process.
- Ability to drive tough decision making while balancing business goals, technical implications, and timelines.
- Excellent ability to mentor and lead IT program team members.
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects including coordination of cross-project activities.
- Work closely with developers and testers to ensure functional designs and also assigns duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Lead and evaluate project managers and other staff.
- Apply change, risk and resource management.
- Assume responsibility for the program’s people and vendors.
- Prepare reports for program directors.
- Develop and implement marketing techniques that will drive new customers.
- Conduct market research to follow trends and competition.
- Track marketing metrics and trends, like conversion rates and web analytics.
Minimum Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or the Life Sciences; Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years direct leadership and project management experience within the functional area(s) this role represents as well as technical expertise in this space.
- 10+ years of experience working in life science, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or technology environment.
- Strong collaboration, relationship building, project management, and process improvement skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with focus on negotiation/conflict resolution skills.
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated.
- Strong customer focus with a track record for driving delivery and operational performance improvements across an organization.
- PMP certification is a plus but not required.
- Good organization, prioritization & multi-tasking abilities.
- Must be able to listen and communicate clearly, negotiate, mitigate conflict, build alliances and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Work closely with others on intangible issues across organizational and business-entity boundaries.
- Knowledge of technology risks and opportunities are shared to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Knowledge of a variety of software and hardware solutions; multi-vendor environments and hybrid environment of on premise, co-located, and cloud based services.
- Understanding and demonstration of the fundamentals of project management.
- Manage teams and operations across functional boundaries, both internal and external.
- Financial, resource, and vendor management skills.
- Strong attention to detail, quality oriented with the ability to see the big picture.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple internal cross-functional teams and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate complex information and concepts succinctly.
- Ability to work in an office setting, operate a telephone system, and a computer.
- Ability to travel between office locations in Madison, Wisconsin (approximately 8 mile radius) and Salt Lake City, UT.