Senior Program Manager
Product Services • Mountain View, CA
Coursera is scaling a global platform to provide universal access to the world’s best education, and we’re motivated by the passion and mission to transform lives through learning. Our platform has reached over 30 million learners worldwide and we have partnered with 150+ elite universities around the globe with over 2,000 courses in our catalog. We offer Courses, Specializations, Certificates, and Degrees to meet the needs and goals of the diverse learners who come toCoursera.
In 2016, we began offering fully accredited online Masters degrees which provide a more convenient, lower-cost, “stackable” means of earning credentials identical to their traditional on-campus counterparts. We also launched Coursera for Business, partnering with enterprise companies around the world to provide access to curated skill development for their employees.
Our Degrees team supports Coursera’s mission by making our for-credit credentials from elite institutions available in a flexible and affordable way for a global audience.
Coursera is looking for an experienced program manager to launch and manage new degreeprograms. You will be a natural leader and fantastic communicator who thrives on solving complex problems, creating processes, and launching highly successful programs. We are looking for a proven leader, with strong team-building, interpersonal, and creative instincts, and the ability to navigate the fast-paced ambiguity of a startup environment.
You personally exhibit a conviction that the world needs Coursera to be wildly successful and alignment to our core values:
- Betterment: a tireless pursuit to drive results
- Boldness: take risks and act decisively
- Deep Honesty: invite and offer candid feedback in order to learn, change, and grow
- Solidarity: recognize that we are part of something bigger than ourselves and are committed to our mission
- Manage the degree relationship with our partner universities for your portfolio of programs, from early program design through to launch and beyond
- Align a broad set of cross-functional teams (Product, Design, Marketing, Engineering, Business, Legal, etc.) to ensure your degree programs are successful - from recruiting the best applicants tobuilding high quality courses to providing a best-in-class student experience
- Manage the operations and processes associated with degree programs, resolving issues as needed to ensure an exceptional student experience
- Provide platform and technical support to our degree partners - backed by engineering, but leading as a platform expert
- Analyze data to build compelling business cases for resource investment either from Coursera or our partners to make our degrees more successful
- Identify, test, and implement strategies to launch and grow our degrees in ways that drive studentretention, satisfaction and other key metrics
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute and manage programs, resources, and outreach channels
- Work closely with Product, Design, and Engineering to make our for-credit platform compelling for both students and university partners
- 5+ years experience managing relationships with partners or customers
- Executive presence and comfort moving between senior stakeholders and operational execution rapidly to enable different audiences
- Demonstrated passion for building products or programs that meet the needs of students and universities
- Exceptional analytical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a cross-functional team leaderLevel-headed temperament; ability to make quick judgments and defend decisions
- Incredible perseverance and drive, manifested in a strong work ethic and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever needs to be done
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and to radiate positivity even while under pressure
- A passion for our mission, and achieving ambitious goals to bring high-quality educational experience to learners around the world