This role will be part of cross-functional teams developing custom solutions for new and existing Cryoport clients. The Sr Program Manager - Consulting Services will focus on assisting in qualifying client opportunities, scoping consulting proposals and proposal development, consulting operations
administration, proposal development, clients support, consulting project management, and consulting asset creation and maintenance. This role also provides guidance to other PM – Consulting Services team members. This is a critical role as a central internal and external point of contact who is
accountable for customer and project success.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Consulting Operations Support
- Ensure the development of client proposals for Consulting Projects as well as RFPs or RFIs (including synthesizing all proposal materials into final client ready packages) following the Cryoport standard Consulting proposal process
- Develop Consulting statement of work estimates and associated templates to improve the scalability of consulting offerings and proposal scoping/pricing
- Develop Consulting project plans which define project tasks, deliverables, milestones, resources and timelines – and manage and maintain the project plans as project move from proposal to delivery/execution.
- Engage in lead discovery/scoping meetings with support from Business Development to qualify Consulting projects and identify scope of work, budget and timelines – including internal and external team scheduling and coordination – and capture sufficient information to create a formal project plan and proposal
- Develop and execute consistent company identity through consulting document templates/assets/marketing materials (within company defined branding guidelines)
- Create Sales Orders in Salesforce/NetSuite/CRM (as needed), and maintain Change Orders, Purchase Orders, Client Acceptance and Phase Completion forms to support invoicing consulting clients for deliverables or per the project invoicing schedule.
- Responsible for coordinating and tracking the invoicing clients per signed/executed proposal pricing and invoicing terms
- Creation of Change Orders for any Consulting projects that require additional work outside the scope of any existing contracts as well coordinating team members on scoping any change order work efforts
- Develop and track Client Proposals, Purchase Orders, Change Orders and all Consulting Opportunities to manage project pipeline, invoicing and expected future invoicing for budgeting and resource planning purposes
- Manage and coordinate with finance, quality and operations to follow SOPs relating to client work product sign off/approvals, purchase orders, invoicing, and other operational activities.
- Maintain project documentation consistent with Consulting Services SOPs and Cryoport internal finance and accounting policies
- Consulting Program (Project) Management
- Responsible for ensuring cross-functional teams are engaged to support the planning and execution of Consulting Projects (including assistance with or contributing to product development, shipping lane validation, shipping risk assessment, technology, accessory development, packaging design/development, training, and custom SOP projects)
- Communicating with cross-functional teams of current and upcoming projects, resource needs and timelines
- Develop and track project budgets and scope and ensure timecards and work estimates are submitted according to budget and scope, tracking timelines and manage communications with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage project pipeline, provide regular reports to develop metrics to support budget, revenue and resource planning - including tracking and reporting on project progress to stakeholders.
- Arrange and lead external project meetings with clients for project scoping and delivery – including kickoff meetings, information discovery meetings, project planning meetings, Project report/analysis meetings, and project closeout meetings.
- Oversee the closeout of projects and collect/identify lessons learned or continuous improvements to refine products and service offerings – including net promoter score and other metrics
- Collaborate with team members, clients, vendors, consultants and other partners to ensure successful project scoping and delivery.
- Consulting Solution and Asset Development
- Creation of information and customer qualification templates (and assisting in integrating into Salesforce)
- Assist in the creation of consulting sales assets to communicate offerings and client contextual value and implementation timelines/assumptions (sales sheets, sales training assets, presentations, etc.)
- Creation and maintenance of project templates in Cryoport’s project management system
- Creation and maintenance of Consulting proposal templates and offering specific templates
- Ensure consulting solution delivery optimization, efficiency and scalability
- Ensure client records are in CRM system relating to consulting agreements, quotes, proposals, relevant communications, etc.
- Ensure facilitation of internal financial and legal review of consulting proposals/contracts
Competencies & Personal Attributes:
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to learn quality management methodologies and the quality management processes at Cryoport
- Ability to work and thrive in dynamically changing environment with regular deadlines, unanticipated work streams and need to multi-task across customers and projects
- Ability to efficiently map out business processes, tasks, roles, responsibilities – familiarity with RACI a plus
- Self-starter with initiative to self-learn to fill in knowledge gaps and expand contributions
- Ability to delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs – strong communications skills
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Continuous learner with acute focus on client success
- Professional with high attention to detail who focuses on ensuring client success and the highest degree of professionalism at all times
- Passion for, and alignment with, Cryoport’s mission
- A change agent and strong collaborator who is not afraid of challenging status quo
- An individual who brings strong core values, quality, ethics, and integrity
- A collaborative team player who embraces and champions the culture
- Strong work ethic and ability to deliver results and meet commitments in a dynamic environment
- Exceptional and dynamic communications skills with the ability to inspire and influence people at all levels, build consensus and commitment, and effectively drive change throughout the organization at a rate that fits the corporate culture
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills, strong analytical abilities, and process orientation
- Demonstrates a business process orientation to developing solutions
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BA/BS degree (in Life Sciences/Biopharma or a related healthcare field is preferred but not required – advanced degree is a plus)
- Experience in Biopharmaceutical or with Cell & Gene Therapies is highly preferred (direct experience in this field for 3-5+ years)
- Experience with Pharmaceutical and/or Biopharmaceutical (and Cell and Gene Therapy) Supply Chains is highly preferred – especially experience with logistics of biologics
- Proven 5+ years’ work experience in client facing roles and ability to think dynamically and professionally in front of clients and with internal teams and ability to manage multifaceted internal and external teams to deliver complex solutions
- Experience working with Biopharmaceutical/Cell and Gene Therapies across all areas of research, clinical and commercial phases of development is highly valued – as well as experience with IND and BLA creation
- Large plus to have experience in the pharmaceutical cold-chain and/or pharmaceutical packaging and validation experience – including custom packaging and accessory design, testing, and validation (including familiarity with ISO, IATA, ASTM and ISTA standards relating to the
- pharmaceutical supply chain)
- At least 5 years of experience in program/project management (completion of project management training a plus) or equivalent leadership/management/industry experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, and PowerPoint). Prefer previous experience with CRM (Salesforce, NetSuite) and Project Management Systems (Celoxis, Smartsheets, Project, Etc.)
- Must have the ability to self-educate (and be self-motivated) to fill in knowledge, market, and other gaps