The successful candidate will develop and roll out scalable, standardized global Partner Program frameworks that support partner growth and satisfaction and will be responsible for developing journey maps of our end to end partner lifecycle, identifying gaps, and building requirements to build a self-serve model while helping define our ideal partner journey.
- Working across Partner teams, completes Partner Journey maps via deep-dive analysis and investigations to uncover partner pain points and gaps, while incorporating the Voice of the Partner (VoP) to define and implement applicable innovative solutions.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to address Partner pain points uncovered in the Journey maps and improve and align journeys and workflows, simplify and/or eliminate processes to drive efficiency, create predictable process paths, reduce escalations and optimize partner engagement while simplifying/improving the Partner experience.
- Identify opportunities to automate or semi-automate manual partner-facing and internal business processes and procedures using Avalara tools and technology for documentation and for enhancing self-service tools with the goal of improving efficiency, engagement, and the overall Partner Experience (and Programs).
- Develop clear work streams, defining goals and objectives, operational requirements, stakeholder roles and responsibilities, and timeline with milestones, with metrics and success criteria.
- Standardize processes and policies across Partner business models, platforms, and tools across the partner lifecycle to improve engagement, efficiency, and optimize partner satisfaction while standardizing processes.
- Research and bring industry best practices and standards to partner programs.
- At least 5 years prior experience working in a channel organization
- At least 5 years of project/program management experience to bring clarity and focus, define clear goals and objectives, analyze data, assess processes, program plans, and operations requirements, and drive decision-making and risk management while managing complex, cross-functional initiatives
- Brings an understanding of incorporating the Voice of the Partner (VoP) to develop and deliver critical solutions, significant improvements that are quantified with metrics, new mechanisms, and/or deprecating unnecessary processes
- Comfortable developing and/or evolving strategy while rolling up your sleeves for tactical execution, with excellent attention to detail to conduct analysis, identify gaps and opportunities in procedures, and drive innovative, efficient solutions
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills in English, while building consensus and partnering successfully with customers, stakeholders, and team members
- Strong professionalism and grace under pressure.
- High level of integrity and discretion to handle confidential information.
- Advanced knowledge/experience with program management or related advanced tools.
- Passion and enthusiasm for partner experience, technology, and Avalara's vision
- Experience in building strategic processes at a global level.
- Experience in managing and documenting Business Reviews and Roadmaps.