Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
GBS is a team of innovators and outside-of-the-box thinkers, who welcome new ideas in a fast-paced interactive environment, and collaborates with technical departments and field teams at PSI to transform ideas into a tech reality and help make data use easier. We seek someone who will pro-actively meet the team’s needs, juggle multiple, competing priorities, and will enthusiastically ensure smooth and timely flow of work.
The Senior Program Manager will have wide ranging responsibilities, including delivering financial, programmatic, and organizational support for relevant initiatives, connecting country platforms with functional and technical departments in PSI/Washington; managing a small program support team; providing strategic planning support; and fostering relationships with key donors. The position will form part of global technical teams based in DC and will be expected to interact regularly with the field offices in the region, as well as other departments in Washington.
Sound like you? Read on.
Strategy and communications
- Work closely with the department senior leadership to identify departmental key priorities and facilitate the development strategic plans.
- Serve as a department liaison to connect the global PSI community with the GBS team and external stakeholders to disseminate our vision, strategy and any relevant information of using technology and data to serve Sara
- Engage with the global PSI community to crowdsource ideas and incorporate them in the roadmap of PSI tools & systems
- Strengthen partnerships and manage external relationships with key partners such as UiO, HISP nodes and WHO
- Support development proposal process coordination with the NBD and country teams to get new projects and ideas funded
Data use strategy and capacity building
- Collaborate with Evidence team and other departments to propose technological innovations for strategic challenges and align with the ‘big bets’ of PSI’s strategic plan
- Provide strategic guidance to PSI projects supporting public sector HMIS implementations based on DHIS2 in collaboration with Oslo University and its related HISP program
- Develop data use strategies and methodologies to increase the use of information at PSI
- Support technical and in countries program teams in the development of Data to action frameworks and the DHIS2 data use tools (interpretation App, user statistics app and dashboards improvement features)
- Provide ongoing mentorship and training to technical team staff to build skills in DHIS2
- Lead the integration of data to action methodologies into DHIS2 implementations to ensure system outputs and dashboards reflect data use needs and complement PSI’s evidence strategy.
DHIS2 and EMR implementation support and new technical initiatives
- Supervise technical team members in deployment of DHIS2 at the country level in East Africa and Asia and Eastern Europe regions; advise on translation of business processes and M&E requirements into technical requirements, selection of configuration approaches and data models, and necessary system structure to deliver required analytical outputs
- Provide management support and oversight to global EMR implementation; advise on strategy and in-country deployment
- Manage alignment of technical team resources with demand, including assignment and supervision of staff on projects.
- Lead DHIS2 implementation processes with support from senior architects and in coordination with country technical teams
- Monitor the performance of Helpdesk and troubleshoot DHIS2 issues submitted through the Helpdesk
What are we looking for?
- You have a master’s degree in international development, Public Health, Computer Science or related subject area.
- You’ve worked 6 or more years with non-profit, development, or international organizations.
- You have 4 or more years of experience working in information systems and/or data for decision-making, with a demonstrated ability to develop and implement a variety of IT systems.
- You have significant experience with program management, and in particular, experience with health impact, sales or financialreporting.
- You have advanced experience implementing DHIS2
- You can tease out business requirements and turn them in to technical requirements for developers.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking capabilities.
- Strong analytical/problem solving capabilities.
- Fluency in English is required, French or Spanish a plus.
- References will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
What would get us excited?
- You’ve lived in a developing country for at least 2 years—or you have significant exposure to understanding how to implement technology solutions in low resource settings.
- You’ve got a talent for creating visuals that tell a story.
- You love new technology and finding creative ways to use it to solve real problems.
- You’re the first in line to volunteer for the new project because you want to see how that thing works.