If you are interested in this opportunity, this is what your day-to-day activities may include:
- Guide and lead a team of 70+ cross-functional staff working at multiple sites
- Translate complex client needs into straightforward tasks for staff
- Quickly respond to the government customer’s needs, and manage/prioritize evolving requirements
- Manage and mitigate risks associated with schedules, tasks, and budgets
- Oversee staff performance against Statement of Work (SOW) tasks
- Prepare reports/presentations in support of program objectives
- Interview and hire staff, as needed
- A minimum of 20years total work experience
- A minimum of 10 years experience working with Air Force ISR
- A minimum of 10 years managing staff
- Experience managing budgets >8M/yr
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience managing budgets >10M/yr
- Previous military or government leadership experience at a major command, particularly Air Force
- Previous experience working with the intelligence community
- Previous experience directly managing and mentoring staff
- A Master’s Degree
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1,100 professionals and continues to grow. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company’s success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, pleaseapply at careers.ara.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Bachelors or better.
10 years:Experience Managing Staff
10 years:Experience Working with ISR
20 years:Relevant Work Experience
Licenses & Certifications
Security Clear Top Secret