We are seeking a Senior Program Manager, Ambulatory Care Network to support the formation, development and operationalization of an ambulatory network within the Providence St. Joseph Health system. The Sr. Program Manager has broad accountability for assuring long-term growth and success of the key areas within the Ambulatory Care Network (ACN) and Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH). The Sr. Program Manager is responsible for developing and executing on strategic & tactical initiatives including providing advanced programmatic leadership to support the Ambulatory Care Network Division. This position will need to work within a complex organizational structure and in a manner that balances achievement of strategic and operational goals while maintaining effective relationships with other business divisions.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Serves as a transformational member of the Ambulatory Care leadership team; working collaboratively to achieve strategic and operational goals as outlined in the integrated strategic and financial plan and as directed by the Executive Director-Ambulatory Care Network.
- Provides strong program management skills with oversight and ability to synthesize/bring synergy to multiple initiatives at both the system and regional levels by establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently, adjusting priorities and establishing management routines to effectively manage the programs. Ability to plan and execute end-to-end analysis including the scoping, design, data collection, data analysis, recommendations and presenting results to senior leadership.
- Establish and manage regular operational reviews and performance dashboards where the team can dive into how we run the business, the quality of our services, and the experience for customers. Includes coordinating with the necessary stakeholders, ensuring information is relevant, accurate, easy to consume, and identifies improvement opportunities. Drive operational improvements that create a more efficient organization in delivering solutions to the ACN and clinical pillar leadership.
- Manages projects to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed-upon success criteria) by establishing clear goals and accountabilities; developing project plans and allocating resources; identifying potential issues/risks; and developing contingency plans, finance budgeting and analysis. Assist the Leadership team in meeting operational deliverables by holding planning meetings, working sessions, off-sites, and coordinating completion of deliverables.
- Leads groups through a process to achieve a desired outcome with the ability to work under pressure and manage to deadlines. Think "outside the box" and innovate with leadership and use negotiation skills to influence implementation of programs. Demonstrated ability to solve problems while being improvement-focused. Ability to prioritize several activities at one time to accomplish/meet expectations.
- Develops professional presentations for executive meetings
- Creates and maintains governance for ACN advisory and leadership, and clinical pillar councils including charters, agendas, minutes, and tracking documents.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors Degree
- 7+ years healthcare experience.
- 5+ years' experience working as part of a large, multi-product/multi-market, geographically dispersed organization.
- Experience in process improvement using Lean methods including visual management boards and department huddles or stand ups.
- Exhibits outstanding leadership and organizational skills and the ability to effectively role model, function and lead projects to success in a complex and highly-matrixed environment.
- Knowledgeable of data-analysis methods, including the ability to break down and interpret data.
- Effective planning and organizing skills.
- Highly level of proficiency at using word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and communication tools including Power Point and SharePoint to effectively communicate, manage, and drive change within the organization.
- Knowledge of health care (virtual, retail, ambulatory, inpatient, health plan) strategies, economics, technologies and terminologies; including regional nuances and where industry segments complement and overlap.
- Knowledge of changing trends in the delivery of virtual, retail and ambulatory services, and the ability to report on emerging issues that may affect the organization.
- Knowledge of emerging issues and changing trends within the industry that may affect the organization; and ability to develop comprehensive recommendations that include the engagement of consumers relating to new products and services.
- Able to skillfully gather and analyze information, apply independent judgment in making decisions, take action in a timely manner, and lead transformation through others.
- Demonstrated skill leading and communicating, and the ability to manage budget and staff across a diverse, geographically dispersed team.
- Skilled at facilitating resolution of disagreements and handling highly charged problems and situations in a calm and objective manner.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- A valid driver's license and ability to pass state/federal screening requirements for airline
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Masters Degree
- 7+ years healthcare experience, preferably in roles representing a broad range of experience across virtual, retail, ambulatory, inpatient delivery and health plans.
- 3+ years' experience working in collaboration with physicians to achieve demonstrated success in achieving strategic.
- Experience related to not-for-profit and religious-based organizations.