Responsible for the execution of company contractual obligations in a profitable manner. Serve at senior level of engagement for company both internally and externally. Interface with customers, to provide a point of contact throughout the life of the contract. Manage the program by coordinating departmental or cross-functional teams while focusing on meeting program requirements. Monitor projects from start to completion by planning and directing schedules; participating in reviews, and tracking program costs and profitability. Collaborate with staff across functional areas such as engineering and manufacturing departments; provide management and customer status regarding financial and tactical progress on programs.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Serve as the representative for Cobham to the customer community for assigned programs. Provide communications and status regarding the progress of programs to the customer. Oversee the execution of contractual responsibilities in a profitable manner.
- Provide direction to program managers and other program staff as appropriate.
- Establish and implement program strategies for execution, customer engagement, and financial positioning.
- Create and implement program plans which provide a high degree of confidence supporting contract deliverable requirements. Create budgets and schedules for programs that include revenue, cash, and cost and profit objectives.
- Develop quantified risk and opportunity analysis.
- Analyze cost and revenue performance of programs, provide revenue forecasts and ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and profitably.
- Develop proposals for follow-on contracts. Serve as proposal lead for large proposals and program opportunities. Prepare basis of cost estimates, provide pricing rationale and recommendations supporting quotations.
- Monitor program schedule progress and profitability on a monthly basis. Prepare monthly program reports for management review that summarize cost, schedule and technical performance. Develop presentations and reports to support customer reviews.
- Manage and execute new development programs in accordance with budget, schedule and technical objectives. Leverage relationships with existing customers to identify new business opportunities.
- Submit, monitor and distribute internal and external program documentation requiring configuration management and approval.
- Liaison to leadership, operations, engineering, contracts, and quality organizations directing company resources to meet contractual requirements.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
- Develop and support teams that make suggestions, take initiative and actively implement improvements.
- Single as single point of contact throughout the life of the contract with a concentration on strategic and senior leadership interactions.
Minimum Job Qualifications: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
- Ten or more years of progressively responsible assignments in a program and project manufacturing environment.
- Previous career assignments in other business disciplines such operations, engineering, or finance roles.
- Success in managing production projects through from inception to completion.
- Experience in engineering and product development. Previous experience in defense electronics business and technologies highly desirable.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts degree in Business or related field, required; Master degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Finance, preferred.