Push Boundaries, Deliver Innovation and Change the World!
In this role you will be given an opportunity to be accountable for execution results including schedules, resources and cross functional alignment for Firmware engineering tasks. You'll be working and interacting with various departments including: Marketing, Planning, Design, Testing and Manufacturing from concept through the product ramping to volume. You will be directly involved and work on the next generation technology that will be part of future AMD Microprocessors powering Servers and Personal Computers as well as Graphics Cards and VR sets. This team is responsible for the Firmware Development of critical IPs, as well as the integration to other subsystems and SoC.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field.
- 10+ years of firmware development and/or project management experience.
- Ability to create realistic project plan schedules and drive execution alignment with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in highly dynamic and interactive development cycles while remaining flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Comfortable presenting project status to middle to upper management.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive improvement initiatives
- Coordinate firmware engineering execution tasks to support the release of high quality and reliable products to market.
- Organize, prioritize and coordinate firmware engineering requirements with marketing and design engineering including pre-and-post silicon efforts.
- Create and actively manage project firmware execution and continue to evaluate deliverables at each project milestone.
- Ability to create risk analysis and continuously manage and update risks that impact the project.
- Create, manage and maintain project schedules using Microsoft Project or similar SW to keep track of critical path.
- Systematically provide project information and keep team and management updated on progress of key milestones, cost scorecard, risk analysis, sample schedules and status of open action items.
- Build and manage forecasts and burn charts for the ongoing projects and update team and management on a regular basis.
Requisition Number: 63308